Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my slp lid rubs the hood, is this common?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dayum, its more common than i thought
Old 05-24-2005, 11:41 PM
TECH Resident

no rub on my 01ss with a knn.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

So are you thinking that it will rub a hole in the lid or something? Or are you just looking for an excuse to get the FIPK? Mine rubs just a small amount near the neck of the lid. I don't figure that it's really an issue though and if I really cared enough about it I'm sure I could adjust the rubber stops as someone mentioned or something like that.

In regards to the FIPK, you should do some research on that topic. From what I can remember, those that tried the two different setups saw no signifigant performance gains from the FIPK that would warrant that ridiculous price tag and were actually able to achieve higher gains from a lid setup. So I ruled it out as being a looks only modification.

If you're deadset on getting the FIPK, you might look into other alternative like a custom setup or possibly the Volant system. I haven't done any research on it but it's a tid bit cheaper and the designers of it seemed to have acknowledged the problem with the engine compartment, mentioned earlier, with the shroud they put around the filter.

Justin
Old 05-25-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my slp rubs on my 99
Old 05-25-2005, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine rubs '00 SS even with the hood bump stops raised up. It looks crappy but my concern is that it might be sending vibrations into the MAF.

Quick Reply: my slp lid rubs the hood, is this common?