Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Open Header on daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 10:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, the cutouts might be quieting it down alot. Two extensions pretty much sound like 2 3" open collectors. On a stock long block at idle it's not to loud but once you get into it alittle it's loud as hell. I've had a couple of people at the track ask me if I was running a BBC because of the way it sounded, that's a hell of a compliment in my book.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
Yeah, the cutouts might be quieting it down alot. Two extensions pretty much sound like 2 3" open collectors. On a stock long block at idle it's not to loud but once you get into it alittle it's loud as hell. I've had a couple of people at the track ask me if I was running a BBC because of the way it sounded, that's a hell of a compliment in my book.
I don't think they are quieting them down that much. When i had the cutouts welded in, we had to take the y pipe off. I got in and cranked/revved it just to see what open headers sounded like. It scared me at first but then i loved it. As soon as we put the cutouts in and put the ypipe back on it sounded almost the same. If indeed the cutouts are quieting it down, I can't imagine what open headers would sound like driving around. I would think it would make you want to claw your ears off.

Quick Reply: Open Header on daily driver