Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slp dual/dual

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default slp dual/dual

I have the optional slp dual/dual on my 01 ss. i'm pulling it off this weekend to put ona tsp rumbler...my question is, i know with the reg. z28 exhaust, you have to cut the i pipe, right before it goes voer the axle, do you have to do the same to the slp dual/dual system?
Old 06-15-2005, 11:46 AM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

The dual dual can be taken off without cutting it. You will get more money that way as well if you decide to sell it. However they are a major pain in the *** to get off without cutting. Mine was on there really good, and would not budge for anything. I finally gave up after an hour and just used a sawzall. But yeah the dual dual is just slip fit so it can be done.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lithium
The dual dual can be taken off without cutting it. You will get more money that way as well if you decide to sell it. However they are a major pain in the *** to get off without cutting. Mine was on there really good, and would not budge for anything. I finally gave up after an hour and just used a sawzall. But yeah the dual dual is just slip fit so it can be done.
well the douches at slp tack welded the muffler to the exhaust pipe...so i'd have to cut those welds first.. guess me and my sawsaw are gonna be good friends this weekend