Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP Rumbler CB vs. Sweet Thunder TD's

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP Rumbler CB vs. Sweet Thunder TD's

Quick question, i have no cats and a Trex. Is there any chance that a 3" true dual set up with 2 - 18" sweet thunders dumped at the axle, would be any quieter part throttle than the Texas speed rumbler cat back? I dont mind the wide open throttle getting any louder, but i need to quiet down my idle, and part throttle just a couple db's. When my one of my buddies with the same set up swiched to Flowtech purple hornies, that were just dumps off the headers, it quieted his part throttle and idle down quite a bit. I'm thinking that since im going from one dynomax 18" bullet, to 2- 18" chambered sweet thunders, this might do the trick. Let me know what you guys think?
Old 06-20-2005, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by james99ws6
Quick question, i have no cats and a Trex. Is there any chance that a 3" true dual set up with 2 - 18" sweet thunders dumped at the axle, would be any quieter part throttle than the Texas speed rumbler cat back? I dont mind the wide open throttle getting any louder, but i need to quiet down my idle, and part throttle just a couple db's. When my one of my buddies with the same set up swiched to Flowtech purple hornies, that were just dumps off the headers, it quieted his part throttle and idle down quite a bit. I'm thinking that since im going from one dynomax 18" bullet, to 2- 18" chambered sweet thunders, this might do the trick. Let me know what you guys think?
I say do it as the X-pipe does quiet down things quite a bit from your standard Y-pipe setup. My buddy has a Loudmouth w/Pacesetters & ORY & his car sounds REALLY loud at all times but sounds like *** if you'd ask me. Mine setup is loud when I get on it & is not that bad at part throttle. I'd also do it just for the rasp-free, deep, exhaust note the X-pipe dump setup creates.

Quick Reply: TSP Rumbler CB vs. Sweet Thunder TD's