Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which mufflers are loud?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bboyferal
OMG! I saw that clip, what a dash cover!
LOL ROFL!!! lol
Old 07-02-2005, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinkin of a 3" h-pipe setup but can't figure out which mufflers to choose either. I have GMMG right now and I love the sound but Sweet Thunder only has 2.5" inner tubing. I e-mailed them and they said they are probably going to upgrade their equipment this fall to have 2.75" inner tubing but still not 3". So I was looking at Flo-pro twisters, the SLP Loudmouths, dynomax bullets, or the new Flowmaster Super 40s. I think the new flowmasters would give it that hollow sound everyone is talking about but I dont know how well they flow or if they are that loud compared to the other mufflers above. Do you guys think that it would still sound like crap with the loudmouth resonators on an x-pipe? thanks
-Chris
Old 07-03-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have 2.5" TDs with the Sweet Thunders. I like how they sound, but I'm going to switch over to the small single chamber Flowmasters. Mine are more just, loud, not really with much of a unique tone to them. Hoping to fix that
Old 07-04-2005, 01:29 AM
TECH Junkie

the spintechs have a really good sound to them, I think its impossible to dup a mustang the spintechs do sound damn good.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ling_650vette
lol And if I lived in Hawaii, I'd probably have some sort of dash cover up there too.

I didnt think the iron block made a difference in exhaust tone, but I guess it could. Its probably minimal, but a change none-the-less.
the iron block has a lot to do with it. my lt1 sounded very aggessive with just a catback