Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sensors without Cats? Need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile O2 Sensors without Cats? Need help

Hey guys,
I currently have SLP LTs with a catted y-pipe. However, tomorrow my race pipes are supposed to come in. I did not get the O2 sensors for them. I am not worried about the code (yet), I just want to know if it is okay to plug the rear O2 sensors back in. The holes will still be present in the y-pipe so I still need to fill that hole with something so why not the O2 sensor.

Also, lets say that I was to go and get tuned by HP tuners and they turn the no cat codes off. Would it still be okay to have those rear O2 sensors in there to fill the holes? Then, say I had to put the Cats back in just for visual inspection, would it be okay to still have the O2 sensors in there?

Basically, wtf do I do with that hole and do they still some sort of thing that you can cover those with like block-off plates?

Thanks for your help
Old 07-25-2005, 11:26 AM
TECH Resident

they make plugs for them, your local exhaust shop should have some. If you delete the code it really wont matter what you put in there.

Justin
Old 07-25-2005, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

Justin,
Thanks for your help! I was able to find the 02 sensor plugs. What do I do about the end where something is plugged in though? Do I just put electrical tape over that connector?
Old 07-26-2005, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

TTT...tape over the empty connector?