Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is my magnaflow catback not much louder than stock??

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 12:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LTs ory and loudmouth does it really have no back pressure is that why mabey i have no good power anymore?
also i have a stall that would make teh magnaflow sound good too....
Old 07-28-2005, 09:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BubaGumpShrimp
give it a few months and it will get a bit louder. I too was disapointed with it espically when people mentioned how good it was.. Well after a few months(maybe shorter if you drive alot) it got a bit louder..Idle is still pretty mellow(close to stock) but once you get moving any rpm is louder and forget about wot, blows the stock muffler away... If you really want to know how loud it is with you driving it find a bridge/overpass and right before you go under it slap it in first and nail the gass. You will then know how loud it is..

You nailed it. Just from the past couple of days it has gotten a little louder. Sounds good but still a little on the quiet side. OMW to getting Headers/ORY. Hopefully soon.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TRANSAMWS6-98
Get LT Headers. The only way for nice sound. Just put my magnaflow on it it sounds great compared to my old SLP loud mouth. That exaust was just too Loud, it was like running open headers. I prefer the quiet magnaflow when just crusing. When you get on it though it gets Damn loud!
i feel u. i hate my LM so much unless im at WOT....i will be switching soon
Old 07-28-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Go LT and Loudmouth can't be beat for sound

Originally Posted by TRANSAMWS6-98
LOUDMOUTH is the way to go if YOU WANT NOISE!!
What he said. My Loudmouth and LT headers can be heard in the next county at 5 grand... Sounds like a NASCAR after the Predator tune.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

my magnaflow has been on the car for a while now but it sounds good, dont remember if it was quieter before though....i also like the look of mine i have the polished/stainless steel muffler so it looks nice too
Old 07-29-2005, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

who hear once just wanted a loud car? then after a wile u wanted to switch catbacks.... then you choose one, other people start saying your kar sounds great now y change it then u got the people your kar sounds like crap... who has had that... i have qtps,ory, LM i liek it so much but i want a good sound now , not to just be louder then everyone else.... anyone ever in that position?
Old 07-29-2005, 12:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CASHss99
who hear once just wanted a loud car? then after a wile u wanted to switch catbacks.... then you choose one, other people start saying your kar sounds great now y change it then u got the people your kar sounds like crap... who has had that... i have qtps,ory, LM i liek it so much but i want a good sound now , not to just be louder then everyone else.... anyone ever in that position?
Yeah, that's why I have my Magnaflow and a cutout. LT's and cats are going on eventually and I'll still have that setup. Loudmouth and a cutout sound very similar and you really limit yourself with that catback, you can't just cap it whenever you want.

Quick Reply: Why is my magnaflow catback not much louder than stock??