Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'Jet-Hot' vs. regular ceramic vs. titanium ceramic vs. nickel plated vs. stainless ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Naked AV

Default 'Jet-Hot' vs. regular ceramic vs. titanium ceramic vs. nickel plated vs. stainless ??

Is there a difference? Is one method more effective than another?

Is Jet-Hot a brand name or patented process? Is it the best?

I've heard that the titanium ceramic finish looks like ***, and scratches very easily. Anyone have experience?

Trying to weed my way through all the different coatings. My main concern (being blown) is heat containment and transfer, and exhaust veolcity. Don't really care about looks.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jet Hot is merely a copyrighted name. There are a bunch of other coating comapines out there that offer a similar product.

Call Jet hot they will send you some literature that you will get the next day that explains their different coatings and what they can do. There are like 5 different coating processes Jet Hot offers for different applications and different needs.

I had very good dealings with them and got my headers back within a week for around $250
Old 08-04-2005, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have slp long tubes with the ceramic coating.they are supposed to run cooler and they keep thier look.had mine on for over a year in michigan **** hole weather and they still looked good until i drove through a fricken cement puddle.bastards!!!!!