Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want others to "feel" my car.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 03:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

just get a big blog with hi compression!!!! i wish man goin to the drag stirps and feeling the camaros is scary, i think its also because of the pulse pattern on the ls1's i know that the 1st gen 350's make the ground pulse becuase my friend had his thumping the ground in his 78 camaro, well 383 but who's countin.....
Old 08-01-2005, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine usually shakes anything within a 10 foot radius. MAC mids, H pipe, sweet thunder true duals, and a mild cam (a little hotcam). You'll turn a lot of heads, but it's usually a mix of "wtf?" "omg cool'" and " "

Chics dig it though
Old 08-01-2005, 04:05 PM
TECH Regular

Can you do true duals with the stock headers to an X pipe without too much $$?

I dont have the money to spend on headers and install, so I think this would be my best bet for a nice sound.

A buddy of mine has a 2002 GT which is pretty slow, its stock headers but he has a X pipe and flowmasters and it sounds friggin badass, it's loud and mean sounding

Is there anything I can do to get that without headers, and if so how much $ am I going to be robbed of
Old 08-01-2005, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by evilbadz
Can you do true duals with the stock headers to an X pipe without too much $$?

I dont have the money to spend on headers and install, so I think this would be my best bet for a nice sound.

A buddy of mine has a 2002 GT which is pretty slow, its stock headers but he has a X pipe and flowmasters and it sounds friggin badass, it's loud and mean sounding

Is there anything I can do to get that without headers, and if so how much $ am I going to be robbed of
I'm sure there's a way to. I used the pipes that were already on car when I did mine. I cut mine a few inches after the 02 sims, put the H pipe right there, hooked the mufflers on to the end of the two Ts (two Ts make an H), hooked the dumps to the end of the mufflers, and hung everything like that. It cost me about $150 total (mufflers + Jeg's H pipe + clamps + hangers + dumps), all the labor was done by me. There's not a single weld on my exhaust
Old 08-01-2005, 04:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

strahley sound like he has a nice set up not welded, save a few bucks and unbolt it jk, those u bolts on the exhaust are harder to get appart than a weld. i would save for headers though man, its the best way to go and you dont have to do the job 2 times
Old 08-01-2005, 04:55 PM
TECH Veteran

I did the factory manifolds/true duals on my '02. Sounded pretty good. Damn loud with the Flowmaster 1-chambers.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:14 PM
Banned

I don't want a true dual setup for clearance reasons (I'm lowered) and the fact that I have a TA and like tips.

Does Kooks LT's and Catted Y, Magnaflow/cutout and F13 have a good rumble? Does it shake the ground at idle? I've heard clips but never actually heard.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

i dont know about magnaflow but like i said with gmmg you can feel the floor shake, and it shakes my house when i run the car outside. its pretty damn wicked.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
strahley sound like he has a nice set up not welded, save a few bucks and unbolt it jk
Hell it's even in the air right now, makes that job even eaiser!
Old 08-02-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Iron blocks produce a distnictly different tone than an aluminum block...maybe that's the difference? There is only so much you can do with the exhaust...
Old 08-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
i dont know about magnaflow but like i said with gmmg you can feel the floor shake, and it shakes my house when i run the car outside. its pretty damn wicked.

Sweet!
Old 08-03-2005, 10:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by joblo1978
I don't want a true dual setup for clearance reasons (I'm lowered) and the fact that I have a TA and like tips.

Does Kooks LT's and Catted Y, Magnaflow/cutout and F13 have a good rumble? Does it shake the ground at idle? I've heard clips but never actually heard.
I had a magnaflow w/ an ory and it wasn't that loud, and not that deep either. Now the cam through an open cutout might, but the cats will definitely tame it down a little.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Well I have to say every once in awhile, (and I know every one of you is going to agree with me.) you see/hear the sweetest Camaro ever on the road. Like the thing is just mean mean mean, I've been looking around forever to figure out how to get mine to sound like that without a Cam (maybe its the only way?) but can't figure out what those guys do to theirs.

I have LT's, ORY, and an open cutout at the flomaster muffler. It sounds pretty wicked, and loud as **** at WOT, but I wish it was more of a ground shaking rumble, like a big bad mean tank, and not a tear through the air (cutout). Behind the car when it idles it sounds good and deep, and I actually start my car with the door OPEN because ignition sounds so mean...but I would be a little happier with something more ***** out. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Ell Ess Won; 08-03-2005 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ell Ess Won
Well I have to say ever once in awhile, (and I [b]know[/]b every one of you is going to agree with me.) you see/hear the sweetest Camaro ever on the road. Like the thing is just mean mean mean, I've been looking around forever to figure out how to get mine to sound like that without a Cam (maybe its the only way?) but can't figure out what those guys do to theirs.

I have LT's, ORY, and an open cutout at the flomaster muffler. It sounds pretty wicked, and loud as at WOT, but I wish it was more of a ground shaking rumble, like a big bad mean tank, and not a tear through the air (cutout). Behind the car when it idles it sounds good and deep, and I actually start my car with the door OPEN because ignition sounds so mean...but I would be a little happier with something more ***** out. Any suggestions?
you read our minds
Old 08-03-2005, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a hooker-cat back, which is a quiet deep sound but good. and a cut out before after the stock y-pipe. That sounds good enough too. But the other day i got creative so i unbolted the stock y-pipe. i still have the stock exahust manifold and cats, but just running that and taking the y-pipe off makes it sound like a huge beefed up harley davidson. anyone looking for a CHEAP, but kinda illegal exhaust set up. this is highly recommended. only problem is my o2sims are right before the exhaust opening (where my y-pipe would be) so my SES light comes on. im still looking at getting some good headers and a ORY. the sound i have now is going to be hard to beat though.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

This thread deserves a bump I think.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

why what else is there to know? (not being a smart *** just wondering what has been left unanswered) if you really want someone to feel it get sweet thunder true duals with dumps and a cam and idle that sucker low, they will feel that for sure lol
Old 08-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Default At School

I was at my school, reving up the t/a, all i have done is custom 3" exhaust with a dynomax bullet and a 3" turndown, and when i left, the people at the baseball field that was prob 200 yards away stopped me and told me that my exhaust was scaring their kids. I just laughed and drove away.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Staging Lane

Like Tally, I have Long tubes but with an ORY and a flowmaster. When it pulls into the garage it shakes the whole house. It's awesome.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

word of advice, save some money and get rid of that flowmaster. i changed to gmmg, sounds a HELL of a lot better, and i have a HELL of a lot more power too. i could FEEL A BIG difference from flow to gmmg. thats how bad it is. i used to like the flowmaster and didnt want to get rid of it becuase i didnt want to lose a nice rumble. needless to say, im glad i got rid of that thing now after hearing and feeling gmmg