Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla pro xs

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 12:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla pro xs

I just purchased and installed a borla pro xs muffler on my ls1 trans am. Has anyone else installed this muffler. I am not happy with the sound of it. i was told it would have a nice rumble but not obnoxious. Well i guess my stock muffler must have been really worn out because this thing is quiter than my stocker! Stock muffler only had 50xxx miles on it. Does the exhaust note change much after a few hundred miles? Just not really satisfied with the sound of my car for the money i spent to sport Borla! As of right now, i would not recommend the pro xs transveral muffler for any fbody or ls1 period. Hope its not always this quiet? thanks for any feedback.

Jeff
Old 08-01-2005, 02:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

anyone have any feedback on this muffler other than me? I guess i was the only one to purchase one and now i know the reason!
Old 08-01-2005, 07:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

The XS is Borla's economical brand (not inexpensive IMO) Borlas that go in the stock location are usually pretty quiet. My first Borla muffler went in my old Dodge ram in the stock location and it really wasn't loud at all. It wasn't until I ditched the cats and chopped off all the tubing after the cab, that the sound became music to my ears. You have a high-quality muffler there, but I am sure that it is way too quiet for a sports car. I would recommend that you get a cutout.

Quick Reply: Borla pro xs