Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with duals, X or H pipe.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 01:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help with duals, X or H pipe.

This is my first post. i must say i have learned a lot, this forum has helped me a lot. Anyway, i have a 2002 TA LS1 WS6 with SLP long tubes and y pipe, high flow cats, a sweet thunder chambered muffler, and stock cam. I know everyone talks down on SLP LTs, but im still learing here...unfortunately the hard way. At least i scrapped the loudmouth i had...POS. Im looking to get either an X or H pipe with true duals setup. Not sure what mufflers. I dont like bullets cuz i read they have bad rasp. Ive read a lot about Borla XR1 and sweet thunders. I just want to have my car sound bad azz and have a real deep rumbling tone at idle and at cruise. i know H pipes are known for sound and X pipes make more power.
Any suggestions?
Thanx
Old 08-03-2005, 01:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99TAreborn2002LS1WS6
This is my first post. i must say i have learned a lot, this forum has helped me a lot. Anyway, i have a 2002 TA LS1 WS6 with SLP long tubes and y pipe, high flow cats, a sweet thunder chambered muffler, and stock cam. I know everyone talks down on SLP LTs, but im still learing here...unfortunately the hard way. At least i scrapped the loudmouth i had...POS. Im looking to get either an X or H pipe with true duals setup. Not sure what mufflers. I dont like bullets cuz i read they have bad rasp. Ive read a lot about Borla XR1 and sweet thunders. I just want to have my car sound bad azz and have a real deep rumbling tone at idle and at cruise. i know H pipes are known for sound and X pipes make more power.
Any suggestions?
Thanx
Don't believe everything you hear. I have true duals(2 1/2 X-pipe) out the back with dynomax bullets, Kooks Headers, without cats. I don't have a bad rasp at all!!! Best dam setup I've ever heard! Though going true duals with any type of muffler probably sounds dam good!!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 04:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

The dynomax bullets dont have much if any rasp at all. When I had duals its was really deep and sounded like a NASCAR at wot.

As for your question, I remember seeing a test dont on a mustang with the different pipes. The "H" made more lowend, but the "X" made more top end. The "H" made more tq, but not where it was acually usable. Also the H is deeper and the X is more high pitched.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would go with an x pipe. I have 18 inch bullets, no rasp here.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Teching In

I have heard that Dynomax Bullets and Borla XR-1's have different tones. I hear that the bullets are a deeper sound, and the XR-1's give it a more exotic sound. Can anyone verify this?

-VortecLS1
Old 08-04-2005, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go x-pipe with sweet thunders. It sounds great!