Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

side exit exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default side exit exhaust

anyone have a side exiting exhaust....i live in VA and it is supposedly illegal for me to run dumps on further research...SO i am gonna try to run a setup out the side of the car infront of the back wheels....so tell me your setup and add some pics if u have them
Old 08-06-2005, 10:54 AM
TECH Veteran

You might have some clearance issues. Do a search theres some info on this.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alot of guys disagree with the side exit because it kills clearence
Old 08-06-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Doesn't do much for law enforcement, either ... vibration in the car and sound ... after awhile, you might get tired of it, as well. But, then again, you might not. Good luck with it. I have seen on the Dr, Gas website, if you dig in the site, there are some 2" all the way up to 6" wide lfat square piping with X and H pipes, as well which are flat ...little bit pricey, but it would solve any clearance problems you might risk with round tubing. If you're lowered, I wouldn't even think about side pipes.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

man this sucks...i have a car show comin up and i wanted to have my exhaust DONE by then...i already have the longtubes setting in my floor and 3 inch high flow cats and im confused as hell on what kinda exhuast to get...im 18 and live at home and my dads a dick and he refuses to let me go out of the driveway in my car if i get dumpes...(car is in his name i got it when i was 17 and yea)...damnit this sucks...i might just have to go with the tsp rumbler system instead of the TD system i planned...
Old 08-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SVThis
im 18 and live at home and my dads a dick and he refuses to let me go out of the driveway in my car if i get dumpes...(car is in his name i got it when i was 17 and yea)
dude no offense, but i think your dad ceased to be a dick when he bought you the car
Old 08-06-2005, 11:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by slpss9723
dude no offense, but i think your dad ceased to be a dick when he bought you the car
Old 08-06-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trans Am at 17 years old and you're dad's a dick? I think not. Maybe he just wants you to do it right. Half the mods my kid does to his car(s) fall off on the highway (air bags, driveshafts, oil, my f***ing tools, ect.) so I know what Im talking about. I could really go on and on about this......
Old 08-06-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i did side exhaust...i made the whole setup myself...its hard to get the tips way far back if you have SFC's..and i had to clearance the floor pan a tad...other than that...it sounds insane with a cam.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...chmentid=36906
Old 08-06-2005, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

its also very tough to stick a decent muffler under the car..i ran auger mufflers that slip into the pipe...needless to say...without cats..they dont do squat.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lasershop
Trans Am at 17 years old and you're dad's a dick? I think not. Maybe he just wants you to do it right. Half the mods my kid does to his car(s) fall off on the highway (air bags, driveshafts, oil, my f***ing tools, ect.) so I know what Im talking about. I could really go on and on about this......
at 16 i had a LT1 Z28...few months after gettin this i got a LT1 TA...Then wen i was 17 right befor i turned 18 i got the LS1 TA....im now almost 19 and just the Z28 is modded and WAS cammed(CC306)but i swapped the old(stock) cam back into it cause i got a guy wanting to buy it and i "needed" the money...now i have some parts settin around waiting to me to pick the exhaust which i need to do soon cause i have a car show comin up in the next few weeks...and i need the exhaust NOW....i guess ill just get the TSP rumbler and OFY and put the cats i have on the OFY
Old 08-06-2005, 03:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=boom
search for side exit, boom tube any posts by NataSS Inc
as he is the originator of the design, and personally my favorite, of the BoomTube on 4th gens.

search is a great friend for this instance. I've found hundreds of threads. Too hard to link them all, just do an advanced search in the external section..
Old 08-06-2005, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SVThis
im 18 and live at home and my dads a dick and he refuses to let me go out of the driveway in my car if i get dumpes...(car is in his name i got it when i was 17 and yea)...damnit this sucks...i might just have to go with the tsp rumbler system instead of the TD system i planned...
Man you sound like a right spoilt little brat. Grow up or bugger off.

Some off us have to work for our money not have it handed over on a silver platter!
Old 08-06-2005, 05:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Aside from the other posts, do you pay for the car? If not, you have no reason to bitch at all. Your father just doesn't want you getting into more trouble, or getting more tickets.
However, if you are paying for the car, insurance, all bills associated with it, I can see some reasoning to you doing some things on your own ground, but you still live under his roof, so there in lies more reasoning to him telling what you can and can't do. Either way he deserves more respect than you coming on a public forum and calling him a "dick" because he isn't allowing you to do what you would like to.
Its part of life.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

well i DO pay for my LS1....and everything that goes along with it....

GROW up or leave?...what?
Old 08-07-2005, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

In this kid's defense, my old truck was in my dad's name until I was 20, because when I bought it(new) I was 16, and couldn't get a loan at that time. It was in his name until I could afford to pay the tt&l for the title transfer. I still made every payment on that damn thing myself.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

well if he is really paying his parents back for it and is paying them back per their agreement than i would say its his car. What i mean per agreement is that if they said they wanted 250 a month till its paid and he is paying it and not missing a payment to buy a new exhaust.... Some parents like mine (im 28 now and on my own,talking about my past) hold things like that over their kids heads and always use it to their advantage to get their kids to do stuff and dont let it go untill its paid back. Dont know his situation and if his parents are really being dicks or he is the dick.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

i dont miss payments and i give my dad 400 bucks a month to cover both insurance and car payment...i make alot of money considering i live at HOME and only pay 400 bucks a month for insurance/car payment...that said i have ALOT of money to put into my car(s)....and im not a dick and neither are my parents i was just pissed when i made the post and im sorry for that...

back to the subject...
Old 08-07-2005, 02:41 AM
TECH Addict

i just got my dr gas x oval tubing and oval x pipe. i'm doing a side exit w/2 bullit mufflers. i'll get my pics up by the end of the week when i'm done weldin it up. cost about $600 and the craftmens ship is unbeatable...oh, and the turn around=AWESOME, i ordered on tuesday afternoon, here on friday