Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Won't Start - Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car Won't Start - Help

Okay, I did the coil relocation deal yesterday and today. Changed the drivers side yesterday, car started afterwards just fine. Did the passenger side today, and now car won't even start. I have checked and rechecked how the coils and wires go and everything seems fine. When I first started it, it backfired through the backend a couple of times and I may have had the coils on incorrectly. Now, I decided to pull a plug and I pulled #3. It was wet with gas but the interesting part was the tip of the plug. The part that goes over the electrode was gone, all that was there was the part that comes up and curves over. From the end of the curve to the end of the tip, it was gone. On 1,3,5,& 7, three of the plugs was was this way, one was normal, but really black. On the other side, I got 2,4 & 6 out. 2& 4 was normal but black, #6 was the same as 1,3 & 7. I''ve replaced 1,3,5,7,2,& 4. Started to put 6 in, dropped the plug down by the header and said F#@K it. Any body have any ideas here. Please help
Old 08-07-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ANybody?
Old 08-08-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to the top
Old 08-08-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn...not much comes to mind. Dumb questions prolly...but did you disconnect the battery before u started the second day? Sometimes that'll cause a fuse to need to be pulled. Try pulling a relevant fuse (with the battery connected). Sorry...not much expierence w/ coil relocation.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
to the top
Thanks, but too late. Everybody is extremely helpful here. It was the plugs.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think I figured this thing out. The problem was the spark plugs. The tips of the plugs being gone and the longer spark plug wires, the car just wasn't getting any spark. AND, the other three plugs were black. Today, I opened the throttle body and there was oil in the manifold. The valve covers I put on were billet and I removed the air system and had a hole bored in each valve cover, one for a breather with PCV in it, and the other just a plain breather. So, I figured it's pulling oil into the manifold and fouling the plugs. I just ordered the AMW catch can to hopefully solve this. Sound reasonable?