Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing LT's, ORY soon - questions.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing LT's, ORY soon - questions.....

I am installing a set of Jet Hot LT's with a Jet Hot ORY pipe as well - my question is this - I just bought this camero and think that it has been lowered, seems a little low to me anyways. I am concerned that when I install this ORY it will hand down too low - it is a 3" pipe all the way around and will be way larger than the pos stock ypipe that already is hanging a bit low.... Anything I can do about this? Are there stock height aftermarket springs out there? Any help would be appreciated - thanks - stevet
Old 08-11-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wile9coyote
I am installing a set of Jet Hot LT's with a Jet Hot ORY pipe as well - my question is this - I just bought this camero and think that it has been lowered, seems a little low to me anyways. I am concerned that when I install this ORY it will hand down too low - it is a 3" pipe all the way around and will be way larger than the pos stock ypipe that already is hanging a bit low.... Anything I can do about this? Are there stock height aftermarket springs out there? Any help would be appreciated - thanks - stevet
Keep it lowered, you'll be fine. Just make sure you tuck the Y up there good.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wile9coyote
I just bought this camero and think that it has been lowered, seems a little low to me anyways. - thanks - stevet
\

*****************CAMARO************************
Old 08-25-2005, 11:38 AM
12 Second Club

hey how did the install go? im doing my next weekend i think i will have a shop fab-up a y-pipe for me but let me know how it went? and on a 98 the coil packs are not on a coil rack,they come off one by one right?
Old 08-25-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RaRe99SS
\

*****************CAMARO************************
Old 08-25-2005, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

TransLS1 yeah 98 LS1 have coils mounted right to the valve cover 2 bolts for each coil 10mm i believe are the bolt sizes.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:42 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is much easier to use the Y Pipe that is made by the same brands of headers. A muffler shop made Y Pipe is most likely to be made without using mandrel bent tubing, meaning you might have some restriction in there. The Hooker and Jet Hot headers tuck up really good, and their Y Pipes will not pose a problem on lowered cars. Bob