Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

corsa owners inside.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 06:47 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default corsa owners inside.

did any of u have a problem with the inlet for the muffler being abnormaly large in comparison to the mid pipe. ive got the clamp well past the 45 ft lbs recomended to torque just to get it tight enough it wont roll off. its probably going to have to be tack welded. the pas side tip was also a bit big in contrast to al the other pipes. its all on and its not moving but i dont want it to fall off on me. i also have the clamp on the factory y pipe very snug and it still seem to have a slight leak......other than that this system is the ****

edit: maybe a bit quiet but that will change with the lt's in a couple months.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't remember any of those problems. Although the "L" shaped pipes exiting the muffler were not perfect "L"s.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had the inlet pipe to the muffler slip off once but, I banged it back on with a rubber mallet and tightened it back up and have had no problems since. That was almost a year ago.

edit: I like the fact that it's quiet when you want it to be. One of the reasons I got it since my SS is a D.D. But, I also like the fact that it's not quiet when you want it to be.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

got under the car 2day to do some tranny work and noticed its leaking from all 3 junctions on the way to the muffler. as much as i didnt want to i guess ill have to weld it.....
Old 08-16-2005, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

I've had to re-tighten everything at least 3 or 4 times since I Installed it brand new within the first month I had it, but now it is all tight and "broken in" i guess you could say and doesn't come loose anymore. That is normal when installing an aftermarket exhaust. My only problem was that the clamp holding the Y-Pipe to the I Pipe would not get tight enough, so I had a small leak there but I used exhaust tape to seal it off and so far so good.