Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM Engine Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default GM Engine Cleaner

I'm going to use the aersol GM engine cleaner on my Z28 with 71,000 miles. I shined my light in the throttle body, the intake looks like an oil pit.

Did I get the right cleaner? It is GM part #1052626 I say this because the directions talk about carberators.

The directions tells you disconnect the AIR system. Will I need to do that?

Should I leave the MAF sensor plugged in and off to the side while I do this? I don't want to throw a code. Will the engine even run with the MAF disconnected?

I am also worried about all this crap I'm blowing out of the motor clogging up a catylitic converter. Will it clog one up?

Finally, should I just let my shop do this? If they screw anything up, it will be their problem and their money fixing it.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is the correct one. The non-aerosol one is #1050002. The following thread has info on how to use it. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=1052626
Old 08-14-2005, 10:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Service mansger at dealership suggest get 2 cans of liquid , pore into plastic bottle ,punch a small hole in end of bottle ,hold finger over hole so you may control the flow of liquid,allow the first can to run into engine slow do not choke it down ,rush about 1/2 of second can into engine >> allow to choke down < let set 10-12 hours then restart and slowly pore ihe last 1/2 can in do not allow to choke down ,run untill stop smooking then run afew minutes more then >>change oil and filter <<
TO pore into engine remove the PVC value onto your plastic bottle tape a short peice of rubber hose and insert where the PVC goes down by the TB
Sorry so long the reply Johnny

Quick Reply: GM Engine Cleaner