Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header installs: DIY or pay somebody?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Not_His_Z
Hahahaha...if that happens, look for a thread started by need-a-z (my husband) entitled " A Z28 ate my wife!"
Somehow I am going to be the one stuck under the car getting eating. I am sure we can tackle this. My shop charges 5 hours of labor. The book says it takes 6 hours.

Do not worry, she will let all of know how it goes and I am sure there will be pictures.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 777
I was referring to you being unable to drive because your car fell on top of you.
Originally Posted by 01formula6
hahahaha. Thats what I was thinking, now I'm going to have that in the back of my mind the whole time.
That's a good thing, I think. I've stopped myself and thought again many a time due to visions of spurting blood and detached parts dancing in my head. It sounds horrible, but I'm still here (with all my parts)...

Safety, Safety, Safety...
Old 08-22-2005, 08:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

100 header install and still have knuckles!!!!!!!! do your self a favor and on the pass side remove the coil bracket for clearance you will need a short 10mm wrnch to get the rearmost coil bracket bolt off,once off DO NOT PUT THAT DANG BOLT BACK IN!!!!! by removing the coil bracket assemblie it will be like unbutting your pants after thanksgiving....tons of breathing room,also in the future you know those dang spark plugs that no can get off back there well,repeat step one ,no bloody knuckles ,no cursing...also when installing the coil bracket I like to plug # wire in both ends before I bolt on the coil bracket
Old 08-23-2005, 02:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tunafish
once off DO NOT PUT THAT DANG BOLT BACK IN!!!!!
i dont know anyone who has, looked like it would be a pain so we didnt on mine. ive been told the same thing by everyone else.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

I did. But then again my coil packs are individually mounted instead of the 99-02 rail.