Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did you get your GMMG on?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How did you get your GMMG on?

Me and my friend where trying to get it on this morning, and when we went to put the muffler pipes over the axle, we couldn't do it. It seemed like you have to get the car way in the air. I didn't really want to move it up any higher because I'm not sure if that will be safe. I have a Sears Craftsman 3 Ton jack, should I just cross my fingers and max the thing out and try to get it over the axle???

Thanks for any input.

Also one more thing, I have an LT1 but GMMG is more popular on LS1's so thats why I asked here, I had to cut up an S-pipe so I could get it to fit to my MAC's and I'm not sure if it is going to be long enough or seal well enough. Does anyone know of an S-pipe that would work, or should I just take it somewhere and have the s-pipe welded to the GMMG I-pipe.

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well...unfortunately you will need to get the car way up in the air...if I remember correctly, the rear section needs to be nearly vertical to get the pipe over the axle.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

It can be done I put mine on with that same type of jack you just have to drop the panhard bar on the drivers side. Makes putting it in much easier. Good luck.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Launching!

yep, I had problems w/ that too. It's worth it though!