Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pics of pacesetters w/ tsp ory....?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 12:50 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default pics of pacesetters w/ tsp ory....?

does anyone have any pictures that show how much space there is between them and the floor board? id rather put a set of cats or race mufflers behind the collectors (slp style) then back where tsp has them on the catted y.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics Would Be Nice, Lookin At Getting The Same Setup.

Any Pics...
Old 09-08-2005, 08:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I don't have a pic. But I can tell you how much space there is. I just spent the last week installing motor mounts so I am intimate with these parts right now.

The TSP ORY is in 4 pieces which allows a lot of adjustment. When I first installed it I had 1/2" on the left side and more (maybe 1") on the right side. This is the most room I could get between my floor and the ORY. The drivers side on mine under this condition would bang the floor on high engine torque (repeatedly - bang, bang, bang). This was the most clearance I could get...

Therefore, I went thru the pain and misery of installing Prothane engine mounts over the last week. I tucked the ORY up really close to the floor this time to give the most ground clearance. Now I have less than 1/2" on the drivers side and about 1/4" to the heat shield on the passengers. After the test drive last night I don't appear to have any issue with the ORY hitting the floor. It doesn't look like the engine can even roll now.

FYI I could not get my drivers side header in with the new drivers side Poly mount installed, I had to slide it up there before installing the thru bolt.

Hope this helps,
Brian
Old 09-13-2005, 01:27 AM
On The Tree

Good info. Helped a bunch. How much ground clearance did you end up with when it was all said and done.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:41 AM
On The Tree

I installed mine recently as well.......The Y is almost against the frame on the driver side....it beat and bangs and rattles all the time.....I am going to take it to a muffler shop and have them make some adjustments. I could not get any clearance on the drivers side at all. The passanger side has plenty of room.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had 5 y-pipes on this car. Stock, SLP, FLP, custom, Stainless Works currently.

I've found that sticking a breaker bar in between the driver side pipe and the floorboard REALLY helps for banging issues. Leave all clamps loose and stick it in, then while tightening before and aft of the pipe, have a buddy pull down on the breaker bar as you're tightening. FWIW.