Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How would this sound? Has it been done?

Old 08-24-2005, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How would this sound? Has it been done?

Ok, so I like the sound of true duals, borla xr1, sprial flow, magnaflow ect. But I know on a daily driver, it could get annoying. I like to listen to my music and be able to talk to the lady friends when they are in the car. So I was thinking, if I did the loudmouth piping and put a muffler right before the tailpipes, how would that sound. Like if you did the pipes and right before the tips where its straight, you put in 2 borla xr1 mufflers? Just wondering what you guys thought, and if anyone has done that, or if It could be done.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently installed a powerstick muffler from classicchambered.com, however the guy who makes the muffler is having machine problems. If you look at the distribution list the only guy I found on the distributor list who has the part # 3020SB is in california. If i were in your situation i would get the 3020SB because it is close to the same size as the "muffler" on the LM but it also does not choke down ( it is 3" in diameter like the LM pipes).

It sounds excellent IMO. deep rumble at low RPM's, raspless at higher RPM's. Have yet to hear it at WOT. The muffler also greatly reduced drone in the car, so I no longer need to stock my car with aleve for the drone induced headaches of LM.

i'll post a sound clip soon.

P.S. (edited) I had the muffler shipped to my house for $71 total.

Search this Thread