Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudmouth to Borlamouth Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loudmouth to Borlamouth Question

I have LT's, o/r y-pipe and LM exhaust right now. I have only had it on for two weeks now and am considering the Borlamouth. I love the way the car sounds at idle. This thing cams really hard and sounds mean as hell. It also sounds good to me until about 2.5 to 3000 rpms when the rasp hits. If I go to Borlamouth will it be a lot quieter at idle and will you still hear the cam just as much. Basically I want to get rid of the rasp. Please suggest.
Thanks
Old 09-26-2005, 05:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TARyan21
I have LT's, o/r y-pipe and LM exhaust right now. I have only had it on for two weeks now and am considering the Borlamouth. I love the way the car sounds at idle. This thing cams really hard and sounds mean as hell. It also sounds good to me until about 2.5 to 3000 rpms when the rasp hits. If I go to Borlamouth will it be a lot quieter at idle and will you still hear the cam just as much. Basically I want to get rid of the rasp. Please suggest.
Thanks

just put my xr1 in last week, overall the sound is really throaty. its loud at wot also. its just a little bit quieter than the lm so basically its not a sloppy loud if you know what i mean, trust me people are still gonna know when you drive by.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Did you use the round or oval XR-1?
Old 09-26-2005, 05:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by arctic2kss
Did you use the round or oval XR-1?

3 inch round from jegs. 116.99
Old 09-26-2005, 08:18 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

It's all good. Beaucoupe posts on this, search for gwj or BorlaMouth and you'll find a bunch, I'm sure.