Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flow Tech LT's = CRAP

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, i think you should have gotten qtp's they will be my headers forever... unless i get a stroker, then ill get the qtp hvmc, but i prolly wouldn't really need too...

Stainless Steel rocks!
Old 10-30-2005, 05:27 PM
Launching!

Yea, thats sounds about right. You guys think that paint that will come off easy? is it regular paint? Or will it be a B*tch to take off?
Old 10-30-2005, 08:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

All the painted headers I have delt with over the years burns th epaint off upon startup. The only hope to keep them looking good is a high heat paint like what I mentioned that cures when you fire it up. You will need to get the paint off the header first though. Try using paint stripper. If that doesnt work then get a propane torch and start running it over the paint and it should bubble off. The paint is very thin.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Full-Force
All the painted headers I have delt with over the years burns th epaint off upon startup. The only hope to keep them looking good is a high heat paint like what I mentioned that cures when you fire it up. You will need to get the paint off the header first though. Try using paint stripper. If that doesnt work then get a propane torch and start running it over the paint and it should bubble off. The paint is very thin.
yea thats what i wanted to know...I want to strip the paint of and have my buddy anadise (not sure how to spell that) them for me sence thats what he does for a living. Im gonna go get some paint stripper after work...I just hope it works