Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ported TB vs Velocity stack

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 03:38 AM
CBX
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ported TB vs Velocity stack

I have a Vararam velocity stack in my TB. It is supposed to have the same effect as a ported TB far as smoothing out the airflow. Does anyone think I will see any gains if I remove the velocity stack and port the TB?
Old 10-28-2005, 03:47 AM
12 Second Club

Yes, you should see ~10whp. The velocity stack reduces the amount of air that can enter your engine, since it lowers the diameter of the TB opening. Simple physics, there.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:59 AM
CBX
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by baldurann
Yes, you should see ~10whp. The velocity stack reduces the amount of air that can enter your engine, since it lowers the diameter of the TB opening. Simple physics, there.
Sounds like it's worth it. I knew there would be a little more airflow because the opening would be a little larger. I am just trying to quantify what the increase would be. Has anyone done this to see the difference?
Old 10-28-2005, 04:30 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like your plates! FNSweet!
Old 10-28-2005, 05:21 PM
CBX
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
I like your plates! FNSweet!

You mean my old plates. Some ***** complained that they were offended by them and the registry made me return them. Probably some child molester who was offended by my FNplate. Some people have nothing better to do with their time.

It was just a joke, I've even had cops pull up to me at a light and ask me "how quick is this car?"