Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil pressure sending unit ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 05:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure sending unit ??? Need help now plz

ok so i just installed a ls6 intake mani on my car and after searching for a bit i believe i broke the pressure sending unit sensor thing but i got one problem i didnt notice till i got finished.. now my main concern is can i still drive my car? is the sensor just for the guage or will i fudg it up more?? only way i found out is when i started the car it says 0 psi for oil pressure and thats all i can think of that the problem is...

thanks for your help..

Last edited by 1BADTALS1; 10-28-2005 at 06:15 PM. Reason: need help
Old 10-28-2005, 06:07 PM
12 Second Club

ok after some searching i came to the conclusion that i broke the oil pressure sending unit.. now my question is can i still drive the car?? i did not know i broke this till i put everything back together... yippie i get to take it all apart again but if i can drive the car with it broke i will do so till i have time to this again next week..
Old 10-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Teching In

Where is the oil pressure sending unit located? I also installed an ls6 mani and have the same problem with my guage reading just above 0. No leaks, plenty of oil so I know it has to be whatever is reading the oil pressure. Thanks
Old 10-28-2005, 09:15 PM
12 Second Club

behind the intake mani..you have to take it off to replace..

not my picture but its the bigger round sensor with the green top.it in the back on the right ...
Old 10-28-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thankfully have not broken it yet with any of my intake swaps, so I don't know how hard it would be to replace. I have heard of guys replacing it with the intake on the car though. I'd at least give it a shot before pulling the intake back off.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:55 PM
9 Second Club

You can replace it without removing the intake. The only problem I had was the connector was facing the intake and I had to get a L shaped allen wrench to unlock it from the connector. Then I used the OEM socket and replaced it with a new one. Its tight back there so be prepare to swear.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey that's my car Honestly, I wouldn't try to change the sensor without removing the intake I really don't know if it's even possible. I couldn't even find the sensor when the intake was still on. If your sensor is broken (depending on where it is broken) it will spew oil everywhere. Mine was broken about 1/4-1/2 an inch up off of the nut so it wasn't leaking. You will need a special socket that is about $5 from autozone. It is called an oil pressure sending unit socket or something like that. Go figure Anyhow you should be able to change this and start it up again in 30 minutes. It is a whole lot easier the second go around. Just remove the lid/maf assymbly and then unbolt the intake. Take all the bolt out that you can and the ones you can't, hold them up with some tape. It's a lot easier than trying to grab them all and move the intake as well. You don't need to take the intake all the way out, just enough to get to the oil sending unit.