Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moved into a new developement and neighbor is complaining about my ride!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you damn kids with your loud cars.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sue the bastards for Harassment if they bother you again!

Screw them!

I have some neighbors that yell at me when I'm doing the speed limit to. I either do one of two things, I smile and wave or I flip the bird!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

**** i wish i had a neighbor liek you guys, something with a solid roller or high lift hydraulic cam. That **** would be music to my ear. People have nothing better to do other than to bitch, and **** with other peoples lives. The only thing you can do is tell them to go **** and live your life how you want, remember you only live once.
-Joel
Old 11-10-2005, 02:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man, there are alot of ******** out there that want nothing more than to bitch at people in their nice cars. They all probably drive ford tarus'es 10 miles under the speed limit. I recall one time I was going to a friends house in an unfamiliar neighborhood, I was driving the speed limit of 20mph, but i was in 1st gear, winding it out. A lady yelled something at me from her front porch (house was about 100ft from the road) and i couldnt hear her. Well her husband was mowing the grass, he jumped off a riding lawnmower (which was still in motin) to run towards my car waving me down screaming "slower! slower!" and pointing to a "children at play" sign across the street directly in front of thier house. As I was an employee of the sheriff's dept. at the time workign at the county jail I had a deputy jailers badge in my glove box, so i flashed it to him and he stopped running towards my car and stood there as i drove on by.

On another occasion I was in the 'big to-do" part of my hometown, and was parked on the curb talking to a friend that lived there. Some rich guy from across the street came walking out his front door, almost breaking into a run to walk across the road to us. I lookd at my friend and told her "here it comes" thinking that my dumped flowmasters had interrupted his tea time. He asked me what kind of mufflers I had on my car cause he wanted to get the same sound for a 60's corvette that he and his son were restoring turned out to be a real nice guy.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

Some stupidasses just assume that anything louder than a Ford Taurus is breaking the speed limit. The guy that lives up the street from me is constantly yelling at me to slow down and I was calmly driving my 00 Z28 with LTs, ORY, and Magnaflow (loud to the average person I guess) One day my buddy and I took our F-bodies in front of his house as we were leaving the subdivision. He's in his 02 Z (my current car) and I was in my 00 Z. We sat there and blew the tires off for a bit, kept in it as we started going forwards, then both got sideways around the corner. He hasn't bitched since.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

When this type of scenario happens I try to be as curteous and helpful as possible. Go over to complainer lady and burn her house down with her in it. It will give her perspective and she'll realize that life is too short and there are more important things to worry about than your loud car.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:49 PM

Let us know how it turns out.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Veteran

I think my neighbors haven't ever said anything b/c they know it'll be worse on them in the end if they mess with me about something stupid like that. They all spend hours working in their yards and such. Me, I keep everything decent looking, but i may let the grass get a little tall before I mow it..just to **** them off. I'm still waiting on one of them to say something about it..just so I can go get a sprayer and put diesel (or whatevers convienent) over my entire yard and see how they like looking at a yard full of dead grass for a whole summer
Old 11-10-2005, 04:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by technical
When this type of scenario happens I try to be as curteous and helpful as possible. Go over to complainer lady and burn her house down with her in it. It will give her perspective and she'll realize that life is too short and there are more important things to worry about than your loud car.
That is so funny
Old 11-10-2005, 04:29 PM

Did you have to join the asociation when you moved in?
Old 11-10-2005, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Makes me appreciate my neigbors even more. Every kid on the street gives me thumbs up, wants me to rev it, or peel out. Of course i oblige. One guy three houses away illigally runs a business servicing motorcycles out of his garage. Sometimes he's a dick and winds up the engines without any exhaust at midnight. Takes the heat off of me though.

I used to be in a home owners association and there was no language in my contract that discussed speeding on the street. Noise that disturbed the peace and visual were in there. Working on the car was not allowed unless it was in your garage with the door open no more than 2 feet.

Retain an attorney and strike first! The route you are headed is going to end up costing you some legal fees that will probably be cheaper if you nip this in the bud.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by purple98haz28
f*ck em...do a burnout in their lawn
LOL, something I did (I mean would have done) when I was young.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

I had a MagnaFlow catback put on 2 days ago, came home with it after dark... had my wife drive it down the street so I could hear it from outside the car...

This a$$hole walking down the middle of the street, at night, in black clothes screamed at her to slow down.

She was maybe going 20, and we do have sidewalks, which is where you'd expect someone walking at night in black clothes to be anyway.

Made me wish I'd gotten the Loudmouth.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:02 PM
TECH Regular

When i moved into my old sub-division I was pulling out of the garage to do some work on it(hadn't met the neighbors yet) and the neighbor was outside. Looks like a cool guy, maybe 6-7 years older than me with a gottie. I get out of my car and wave, he looks at me and says "that car is a little loud don't you think, some people sleep around here and you are going to wake them up at nigh" Then he walk into his garage and backs out his dragged out 69(I think) malibu with straight headers, revs it and laughs "I was just f*cking with you, nice car." Bu then there was the old lady 2 houses down... Old Hag. Hatted that lady, neighbor did too.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Talking

My car is LOUD as HELL ! It bothers my neighbors sometimes but they talk to me with respect (they know I don't give a ****!). They never complained but they did ask me in a nice way that I don't punch it on our street and rattle their windows and wake their kids up. So I don't . If they had been Dick's I would of Line Locked my car in front of their house until my tires Exploded !
Old 11-10-2005, 08:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jam01
you damn kids with your loud cars.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with ***-clowns for neighbors
Old 11-10-2005, 08:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** 'em. Continue to drive nice and slow and safe, in a low gear if you wish.

If someone says something or gives you one of those looks while you are idling down the street feel free to look at them and shrug your shoulders, give them a :WTF: look, slow down even further to 10 mph.....etc.

People automatically assume that a loud sports car is going fast. I get the same crap. It's not always neighbors either. Coworkers will always tell me that "they see how I drive..." etc. Right. (I run a 4k converter, MS3 and dumped duals)
Old 11-10-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Everytime someone tells me to slowdown when I am not doing anything i throw the biggest rev possible. love the look on thier face. Also why is your neighbor throwing a fit when your waxing your car...what a shrew
Old 11-11-2005, 06:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to give you some productive advice as opposed to most of the "**** them" and "burn her house down" nonsense I've read in this thread. You may want to try and smooth things over with that neighbor. Or maybe your wife can go and try to have a cup of coffee with her and get some good chit chat going. If you get the neighbor on your side and assure her that you won't speed and will keep RPM's low until you leave the area then she might drop her complaint.

If you just had a car with a loudmouth or GMMG on it then I'd say "**** them" too. But your car is illegal. 110% in violation of a federal law (no cats)as well as probably breaking local sound ordinances (decibal levels). If you push back too hard you might find your car being inspected and fined. Not to mention that you could be forced to move (which might not be the worst thing). I've heard horror stories of people being fined $2000 per cat that was missing. Since I got my LT's and ORY I have treaded very lightly with my neighbors. But then again, I also have a house that has plenty of land between my driveway and my neighbors.

This is just my .02 so take it for what it's worth. Good luck to you sir and I hope this all works out for you.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea i have a stupid *** old hoe that lives a couple houses from me and she bitches all the time that i am speeding beacuse my car is loud. now when i go home i have the cutout open and keep it in 1st gear up to 30mph. and whats really great is that a cop was clocking right by her house and she watched the whole thing and i didt get pulled over. i showed her

Quick Reply: Moved into a new developement and neighbor is complaining about my ride!!!!