Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has installed a TSP Rumbler X? What a pain...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RawWS6
werd, that's why I bought them... seemed like a pretty good price. it was either buy these, spend too much for a custom dual setup, or throw a hooker on it. I'm sure I'll be happy once I get it on there assuming I have a little ground clearance and they aren't leaking.
Yes, while this is true, the power is lacking. Because you could do the same setup with a chop saw, time, and a Dr Gas X and make more power in the curve. Which is really were you want the power in the first place.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jrp
agreed. however lets not go down that route again...

the inside of my X looks just like you posted

for the price as compaired to comperable catbacks the TSP duals are good for an economical setup. however if i could do it again i'd of spent the money on something thats higher quality and better fiitting.
Mine looked the same so i took a head porting carbine bit and removed all the extra metal
Old 11-14-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by destroyerSS
Mine looked the same so i took a head porting carbine bit and removed all the extra metal
My point is that it shouldnt be any overlap at all. Hell even a Jeg's X that comes with their universal kit doesnt have that and its cheaply made too for comparisons sake.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree, but at that point i had to do something. When i finished it looked alot smoother, but this should be done before it leaves TSP
Old 11-14-2005, 10:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by destroyerSS
I agree, but at that point i had to do something. When i finished it looked alot smoother, but this should be done before it leaves TSP
Another person i can agree with!

Mike
Old 11-15-2005, 11:46 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Yes, while this is true, the power is lacking. Because you could do the same setup with a chop saw, time, and a Dr Gas X and make more power in the curve. Which is really were you want the power in the first place.

V6 Bird, Does our X-pipe setup really make your life that bad?? You consistantly harp on the setup in every thread and its the same complaints every time. What justifies all of your negative posts, one after another, time after time. We have consistantly had good feedback on this product and many happy customers who enjoy the gained power and sound.

We build this system because most customers dont want to sit there with a chop saw, time and Dr Gas X to build their own system and still not be garunteed to fit, nor does the average customer want to spend the money on a custom system that is produced in a storage building. This system has been PROVEN to fit on a lift or on jackstands in a driveway, this system has been PROVEN to make excellent power on stock displacement motors all the way up to strokers. A customer called last week to tell me that his 427 setup that uses our Rumbler-X True Dual system made 529rwhp and 650rwtq and he was nothing less than happy with the system (Daily Driver). Bottom line is, it has and will fit with good clearance and make good power, the key is just to take your time installing it and the more help you have, the better.

-Zach

Old 11-15-2005, 11:58 AM
11 Second Club

I love the set up, made great power, and went on better then I thought after reading so many post about fitment issues, especially since i'm lowered 2 inches.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Here are some pics of the car on jackstands

Old 11-15-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clearance looks bad because the rear wheels are hanging, correct?
Old 11-15-2005, 03:13 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jj_z28
Here are some pics of the car on jackstands

Thanks for posting up the pictures! How did you install them (lift or jacks) and how long did it take you? The duals look great
Old 11-15-2005, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Zach@Texas-Speed
...nor does the average customer want to spend the money on a custom system that is produced in a storage building. ..
For some reason, I feel this was aimed at me. Just so you're not misinformed - I build them in my garage at home now.

But this is between you and Mike(who hasn't worked with me in almost two years, but does have extensive knowledge in duals on these cars), so I'll get back on the sideline.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:17 PM
11 Second Club

Here are some "I'm sick of ******* with this, just screw it in and drop it to the ground to take pics" pics.

Old 11-16-2005, 08:50 PM
11 Second Club

What do those of you with these true duals think about that ground clearance? on par with the average (stock ride height)? hopefully i'll get time to finish bolting it up tomorrow and actually drive it.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

Holy **** thats low.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AKIRA
Holy **** thats low.
hmm...not the first response I was hoping for...
Old 11-16-2005, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've got a solid 3+" of ground clearance at the lowest point (curve before x on the driver side) and I am lowered with the eibach pro-kit. I wouldn't consider that bad for 3" duals.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:55 AM
11 Second Club

Well, I actually installed mine on a hoist at my brothers shop, but the I was doing something to under the car in the pics, but I can't remember. They actually had been on for quite a while in the pics i posted there. As for x-pipe to TQ arm clearance, w/ my springs i'm running ( eibach sportlines ) the x-pipe just touches the TQ arm when the car is on jack stands, I just have a jack under the car on one side in the pics which is twisting the back end and is also why it is so close to the back of the TQ arm. When there is weight on the rear tires, there is maybe a 1/2 inch of clearance between the Tq arm and X.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RawWS6
hmm...not the first response I was hoping for...
I think your doing pretty well.
The only reason I say that is because your right around where I'm sitting for clearance at stock height.
Looks like you've got about 4"~4.25" at the losest point, which in my book is pretty good.
Cause honestly a 4" speedbump, is one mean freakin speed bump, and shouldn't be that common.
Yeah yeah, I know, driveways and such but still, I think it looks good.

DJ
Old 11-19-2005, 08:38 AM
10 Second Club

Myself and a friend installed mine, wasn't bad at all. We fully welded mine to ensure it didn't leak. It's a love it or hate it type of exhaust system. I either get a thumbs up, or dirty looks. Can't wait to hear how it sounds on my new motor... higher compression & 230+ duration cam vs. stock internals. For what I paid for it... I am quite happy with it.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:51 PM
11 Second Club

I finally finished it up. drove it around the other night a bit, then today i had to wrap some heater hose around it to keep it from banging, as well as put all the carpet back down. haven't driven it again yet, so i don't know if it worked, but it didn't seem to be banging when it was just sitting there anymore. it was super loud though, that is for sure. i'm hoping to make it to the track tomorrow, we'll see how i like it after an hour drive each way to actually hear it.

Quick Reply: Who has installed a TSP Rumbler X? What a pain...