Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How / where do I hang my TD's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question How / where do I hang my TD's?

I'm going to be installing TD in a couple of weeks, and I'm trying to get everything lined up ahead of time. Where do I hang them from, what are the best hangers to use to minimize vibrations, and where do I buy the hangers? I don't have any welding equipment, so that's out of the question at least until I can get it to a muffler shop to have them tack something if needed.
Does anyone have pics of where you mounted yours? Thanks for the help.
-Marc
Old 12-02-2005, 01:10 PM
12 Second Club

I know TSP's Duals come with hangers.... but other then that you might have to wait till you get to the shop. good luck by the way
Old 12-02-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Can you just run them without them being secured? I'm worried about them dragging.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Marc '99T/A
Can you just run them without them being secured? I'm worried about them dragging.
Well seeing as your engine is going to be the only thing holding all that piping up, I wouldn't recommend it. It's going to move around and bang/rattle like hell.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Figured. Any tips on mounting?
Old 12-04-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

TTT
Old 12-09-2005, 08:17 AM
On The Tree

The TSP system, as stated before, comes with hangers that most people secure with 2 bolts towards the rear of the car, near the back seat area. Best tip would be to make sure you try and get everything mounted as close to the body of the car as possible (making sure your not hitting anything of course) People have used jacks, jack stands, and various other ways to hold the TD system up while you secure the mufflers. Dirty John has a great install write-up on the TSP system. As of today, I think it's on page 3 or 4 in this forum. Hope this helps some. Once you get under the car and check everything out you'll have a better idea of what you need to do/where everything goes.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:47 AM
TECH Resident

Put some rubber bushings(like cut pieces of tire, etc.) on either side of the floorboard - where you bolt it up, and that will help keep vibration/rattles down.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

An easier way would be to use some rubber hose and cut off whatever size you want it to be, I used 3/8's.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the responses. I don't have TSP TD's. These have a hanger on them at the end of the Flo Pro muffs. It looks like an upside down "L" shaped rod. What are they supposed to be hung with? I can't take pics, because I left my camera at a buddy's house in Lafayette last weekend. I like the idea of the rubber on the inside and out of where they are secured to the floorboard. I saw DirtyJohn's write up, and will use it for reference when I install mine. I'm just curious if I should use the existing rods / "hangers" or cut them off and use something else.