Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Exhaust

I went to a local shop out here to ask about running a true dual exhaust. They said they couldnt do it, due to emissions standards and they claim doing anything past the CAT will cause the computer to screw up.
Is this true???? I'm in Washington state and eventually going back to California, I dont know if I should really get crazy with it.....so what should I do exhaust-wise guys??? The shop offered Borla dual tips, with Flowmasters for 450$
Let me know guys! thanks!
Old 12-03-2005, 04:08 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

No on the flowmasters.

Yes on the true duals, just install them yourself if shops are giving you crap about them. Or find a shop around you that spcializes in the LS1, they will install them. Duals are not hard to install at all, just a little drilling and some clamps.

Thats a bunch of BS with the comp scewing up cause you changed exhaust systems.

Cali is really gay about emissions and visusals. So you may just want to go ahead and get a GOOD flowing catback (Loudmouth I or II, magnafow, rumbler etc...)
Old 12-03-2005, 04:14 PM
11 Second Club

i have headers no cats, true duals, and my computer is running just fine

but with the cali laws, you might want to stick with a y-pipe set up with cats
Old 12-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Launching!

is there a way to make a Y pipe with Cats as loud??? I just want my sh%t obnoxiously LOUD! ....but sound good of course, cuz I'm eventually going back to cali I dont know if I'll do true duals. Although I could probably get away with it, being in the military haha, thanks guys!
Old 12-03-2005, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

well get the texas speed true duals then heres a clip on some with hooker long tubes best sounding LS1 I've heard in my life: http://www.ls1sounds.com/true_duals/...S6-driveby.MPG
Old 12-03-2005, 04:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want loud, just do a cutout or put on a loudmouth. Don't put on a chokemaster, please...........If you want the best sounding exhuast and money isn't a problem, go with a GMMG. TD's will not mess up your computer. They aren't "legal" in CA or states w/CA like standards, but many people have them. You could probably find someone who would "overlook" em though.