Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: GMMG vs LoudMouth
GMMG
65.04%
LoudMouth
34.96%
Voters: 389. You may not vote on this poll

GMMG vs LoudMouth

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 11:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLUE99T/A
I've gotta go LM. Although I've never heard gmmg, I love the way my exhaust sounds.

Loudmouth+RandomTech cats+macmids
Same here. I have mac mids, gutted cats, and lm and I love it. Some people want a more refined system but mines not my daily driver so when i go crusing I want everyone to know. GMMG sounds real nice but at almost 800 bucks (new with premium tips) I would never buy it, id much rather have true duals run out the back with chambered mufflers, will sound better and outperform the gmmg. JMO.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before I made the decision to go with GMMG, I had listened to LS1's with LM and GMMG in person. And there was no contest. In my opinion the LM does not sound bad and is reasoably priced, however after hearing the GMMG on stock and modded motors there was no turning back. I know it is very expensive but in my opinion it is well worth it. I have had many comments on the way it sounds and a lot of people stare when its screaming at 3500 or above. But thats just me.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's so funny to see someone post that the LM sounds great at WOT only, and another post that it's great at idle and low rom, but rapsy at WOT. I've had my Loudmouth for 3 years and the only thing I heard sound better is when I added SLP LTs and HF cats in front of it. It sounds awesome at startup, great cruising around town (and yes, dudes ask me all the time, "Hey what exhaust do you have, man? " My wife hates to hear it all the time; she thinks it just encourages me...), and at WOT it draws stares and gaping mouths. For miles, women pull their children off the streets when they hear it...

Seriously, have a listen to this: http://chrisnrobinsmith.com/avfiles/FUNLS1TransAm.wmv

The LM isn't as bad (Loud or Raspy) as some people make it out to be (at least with my set up). It think that's the key, it depends on your what you got infront of it: which headers, cats, intake, MAF, throttle body, ram air, etc.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:04 PM
12 Second Club

first of all what does GMMG stand for, sort of new to the site and never even heard of it. i bought the LM a couple of months ago and love it and am about to add LT's WITH CATS!! i will agree that it sounds like **** without them. i did a lil bit of research before i bought exhaust and other than TD's it is one of the best flowing exhausts out there, and at a good price. imo i think it sounds bad *** however i have heard of GMMG but never knew what it was or what the hell that stands for.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

if you go no cats gmmg will sound much better than lm, but with high flow cats I'm undecided.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:11 AM
TECH Resident

It's just according to the setup. I had a Loudmouth on my old TA and I loved it, bought and had it shipped to my door for $300. It made it sound real good and I noticed a difference in power. Don't get me wrong the GMMG's are real nice systems, they sound good and give you more power. For the money I just like the Loudmouth better, about a 1/3 of what the GMMG would cost. The only difference would be that if your running LT's and an ORY then I'd probably lean toward the GMMG because the Loudmouth's can get too glasspack like but for about anything else I'd lean Loudmouth. I had stock manifolds and a high-flow cat on my old TA so there's the difference. Just listen to some different setups and see what you like the best.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FUN LS1
It's so funny to see someone post that the LM sounds great at WOT only, and another post that it's great at idle and low rom, but rapsy at WOT. I've had my Loudmouth for 3 years and the only thing I heard sound better is when I added SLP LTs and HF cats in front of it. It sounds awesome at startup, great cruising around town (and yes, dudes ask me all the time, "Hey what exhaust do you have, man? " My wife hates to hear it all the time; she thinks it just encourages me...), and at WOT it draws stares and gaping mouths. For miles, women pull their children off the streets when they hear it...

Seriously, have a listen to this: http://chrisnrobinsmith.com/avfiles/FUNLS1TransAm.wmv

The LM isn't as bad (Loud or Raspy) as some people make it out to be (at least with my set up). It think that's the key, it depends on your what you got infront of it: which headers, cats, intake, MAF, throttle body, ram air, etc.
Yup, people always come and ask me about my car when they hear me driving around town. My buddy has a H/C full exhaust car running LT's , ory, and magnaflow and I get much more attention than he does. Hes running a TR224 and some 1.5 PRC 5.3 heads and obviously he is much faster than me, but I always draw more attention. Everyone always wants to know my set-up, and ive never had anyone say good things about how it sounds. I just cant wait till the spring when my fm13 goes in, im dying to hear what its gonna sound like!
Old 12-06-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have longtubes, ory, no cats, and will be getting a cam soon and i love the way my LM sounds. i hear a lot of people saying it sounds raspy but i just dont hear it. i have had people on the highway yelling out the window asking,"is that the Loudmouth exhaust?" and then giving the thumbs up. i think it is a great system and would recommend it any day of the week.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

one of my friends has macs, catted y, and lm. He just put a tsp cam in, dont remember specs but it sounds nasty (in a good way of course )
Old 12-07-2005, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
I just cant wait till the spring when my fm13 goes in, im dying to hear what its gonna sound like!
You and me both, brother!
Old 12-13-2005, 05:08 AM
Board Certified Idiot

If any 1 knows the sound, quality, & Peformance of the 2 many ppl prolly would choose the GMMG.. Like others have said and i will also the LM sounds just way to RASPY IMO terrible i think.. All Prudction BerGer camaros ibelive & other Special camaros come stock With GMMG what dose that tell you
Old 12-13-2005, 07:11 AM
On The Tree

I dont even think this is a fair comparison. GMMG hands down. Loudmouth sounds like **** wiht LT's and ORY. Not even sure if a catted y helps. And the "borla mouth" sounds like *** unless you get on it.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

I have the LM as well if you can manage to hear it in the vid next to that annoying maxima. I think that I'll save the GMMG for when I get another FBod.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you that maxima BTW
Old 12-13-2005, 07:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanx, his exhaust was annoying the crap outta me
Old 12-13-2005, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

I had LM everybody loved it and so did i. I never pesonally heard the GMMG but i heard it sounds nice. I'm also getting QTPs and going with an H pipe and dynomax bullets.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanx, his exhaust was annoying the crap outta me
sounds like you got a mosquito caught in your ear dont it, BTW they hate it when you tell them that.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Addict

The sound of GMMG is SO much better than the Loudmouth. GMMG at least has some decent tone to it.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:55 AM
11 Second Club

LM+big cam, heads, and not cats = awesome! Its all a matter of personal preference. Search around, and you will find some different clips, and vids of each system.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:05 PM
12 Second Club

only thing wrong with the GMMG exhaust is its 800 dollars, LM is 350 brand new, im getting one for 75 bucks, either way if price is no object GMMG fo sho

Quick Reply: GMMG vs LoudMouth