Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP Dual Cutout ORY

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default QTP Dual Cutout ORY

Hey was looking to pick one up. My only question is this

Will the cutouts being open eat through o2 sensors from being open all the time throwing codes and such, and will it also make the car run really lean when open, and rich when closed.

Well will it really mess with the tuning of the car is I guess what I'm asking. Would it be more a hastle than a reward
Old 12-12-2005, 01:11 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd worry less about the tuning and O2 sensor stuff and worry more about ground clearance. I had that Y. It cleared better than my ol' X-pipe, but it's still a bit lower than the standard QTP ORY at the cutouts.
It's a neat novelty. Did it once. Wouldn't do it again. 1 cutout in the I is plenty.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I have one in the I-pipe right now, and had duals. I can't go with duals again because of reasons. I need cutouts so that I can be quiet or loud if I want too. I have one in the Ipipe
Old 12-12-2005, 10:03 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28C4maro82z
Well I have one in the I-pipe right now, and had duals. I can't go with duals again because of reasons. I need cutouts so that I can be quiet or loud if I want too. I have one in the Ipipe
Same as yourself, I've had all 3 setups (one cutout in the I, true duals, dual cutout Y), and for practicality, one cutout in the I trumps the other 2 by far.
Tuningwise, there's nothing to worry about with dual cutouts open/close.
O2 sensors will be fine.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd worry less about the tuning and O2 sensor stuff and worry more about ground clearance.
i agree
Old 12-12-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Same as yourself, I've had all 3 setups (one cutout in the I, true duals, dual cutout Y), and for practicality, one cutout in the I trumps the other 2 by far.
Tuningwise, there's nothing to worry about with dual cutouts open/close.
O2 sensors will be fine.
So anyways, did you have the car tuned at all with the dual cutouts???? Also, another thing the ground clearance issue. Does it hang much lower than the duals? I mean I would NEVER scrape with the duals. I will be lowering my car in the near future, but only about 3/4 of an inch.

I really apreciate the imput here guys, keep it coming.

I just keep hearing the if I drive it like 90% of the time with the cutouts open I will fry my o2's or run so lean I will blow up my engine. Just wondering about that. The clearance isn't really the issue.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:20 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28C4maro82z
So anyways, did you have the car tuned at all with the dual cutouts???? Also, another thing the ground clearance issue. Does it hang much lower than the duals? I mean I would NEVER scrape with the duals. I will be lowering my car in the near future, but only about 3/4 of an inch.

I really apreciate the imput here guys, keep it coming.

I just keep hearing the if I drive it like 90% of the time with the cutouts open I will fry my o2's or run so lean I will blow up my engine. Just wondering about that. The clearance isn't really the issue.
I had my car tuned with the cutouts closed (as that's how it spent 99% of its run time). Opening the cutouts did nothing to cause any dangerous fluctuations in AF ratio.

Only thign affected was where TQ peaked in the rev range. Peaked sooner, with a lower value with the cutouts closed. Peaked higher in the rev range, with a higher value with them open.

The Dual Cutout ORY provided about 1/4" better clearance than my TD's. I honestly would not use the dual cutout Y on a lowered car.