Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About Dynatech Header System?!

Old 12-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default About Dynatech Header System?!

anyone used their system, i wanna hear what ppl say about them,, they are expensive at 1,500$$.. but they say it's a direct Bolt On.. what u say?! they good or not?
Old 12-14-2005, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

Recieved mine last Friday. Plan to install this weekend, I'll post how it goes. I paid 1330.00 for mine delivered SDPC.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Launching!

cool, good luck in ur installation and keep us posted on opinions,, try to take pics also..
Old 12-15-2005, 05:27 PM
Banned

i have them that are so pretty and fit great!!
Old 12-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

I have them, great fit and performance.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:59 AM
12 Second Club

I put the entire system on 4 weeks ago and they rock.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:05 AM
11 Second Club

Got em and like em too!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2005, 09:26 AM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Not only do we sell them but we install them, and Dynatech is one of the best headers to work with. Everything fits just like they say it will. We have also played with them on the dyno some, and they pick up some good power. If your going to a Dynatech system from stock you will be very impressed. The complete system is stainless from them, and that is a plus!!
Old 12-17-2005, 02:46 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I have them on my Z. Excellent fit, good ground clearance, outstanding color directions, comes with every wire, harness, bolt, and zip tie possibly required, and gave me a .31 sec/5mph gain in the 1/4 (before adding my cam and other stuff.)

I got mine JetHot coated to keep underhod temps cool....but it's not really necessary. So far they've survived a year in Hawaii with no rust, discoloration, or other probs.

In short, I recommend them.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:17 PM
10 Second Club

I put the Dynatech Supermaxx system on my ZO6 2 years ago, they fit perfect, came with everything necessary for the install, and the color instructions were dead nuts on the money. Very easy install too! IMHO one of the best quality all stainless headers available. Oh yeah, picked up 25rwhp and 21rwtq before tuning. Shop around for them, there is some great pricing out there from quite a few vendors. BTW, they sound great too!

Jimbo
Old 12-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Install complete, took about 6 hours. Header fit was far better that I expected, I did have to remove the oil filter to snake the DS header in. Only things I wasn't expecting were: 1) had to grind off a tab on the transmission cross member to allow the ypipe to go up far enough. 2) Had to modify the cross member just behind the transmission cross member, it hit the ypipe when pulled all the way up. 3) The boot on the #5 spark plug is on the header, I think aftermarket boots (MSD) or not as thick and will be OK.

SOP impression = Sounds much more aggressive and I seem to hit the rev limiter more frequently. I will put it on the dyno next week and possibly have some tuning done. I'll post results.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Launching!

Thanks, i'm glad i've got these replys, so what i understand is that Dynatech is the top of it's catagory, nice fitment and stainless steel for longer life..
Old 12-17-2005, 08:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Kyle C
Install complete, took about 6 hours. Header fit was far better that I expected, I did have to remove the oil filter to snake the DS header in. Only things I wasn't expecting were: 1) had to grind off a tab on the transmission cross member to allow the ypipe to go up far enough. 2) Had to modify the cross member just behind the transmission cross member, it hit the ypipe when pulled all the way up. 3) The boot on the #5 spark plug is on the header, I think aftermarket boots (MSD) or not as thick and will be OK.

SOP impression = Sounds much more aggressive and I seem to hit the rev limiter more frequently. I will put it on the dyno next week and possibly have some tuning done. I'll post results.
Sounds just like my install. Did not pick up as much power as expected but will be needed with future H/C swap.

Search this Thread