Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric throttle break through

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 01:11 PM
Tenured Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric throttle break through

At TPIS we have been working on start-up and drivability that bothers some but not all installs. We have developed programming that has completely solved all the problems. Drivability with cable throttles has not been a problem.
I have been driving our house CTS-V for a month with our modified LS-6 intake with a TPIS Oval throttle. It has been perfect. The exception is that on light throttle opening there is a chirp or whistle. This is most noticable on cars with stock mufflers and a stock cam. This mod will get you 15+ HP
I then installed our LS-6 intake with a 90MM entry and drove it for two days, again perfect. no noticable difference in power. No chirp or whistle.

I then installed a LS-2 throttle body on our modified LS-6 intake with our new wire harness that makes this a plug and play. The throttle response is a little soft for the first 15% of throttle. but feels pretty good at full throttle.
We are going to offer free programing with the purchase of TPIS Oval or 90MM drive by wire throttle body. You can send in your ecu or a LS-1 EDIT file, or we will provide the info you need to use your own editor.
In this months STREET THUNDER magazine we did a 13 manifold test series, this will give all the results. For the most part you will be suprised how close they all are.
This is a club publication which I suggest you look into. try Google.
Our throttles and modified intakes are offered on an exchange basis or outright. call for pricing.

Our TPIS 90MM throttle was on Leighton Reese's Covette World Challenge car, the top finishing independent in the series. We also provided the engines and programming.
We are the innovators not the imitators.

Have a great holiday
Myron Cottrell
Old 12-19-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the update!