Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took off the cats and added ORY pipe = Pimp

Old 01-06-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Took off the cats and added ORY pipe = Pimp

Had a muffler shop take off the cats and then take the crimp in my driver's side Y pipe and straighten it out...all for $100. So basically, he took out the cats and put in strait pipes in it's place...then took that stupid crimp that was designed for "ground clearance" and put in a strait pipe. There are no ground clearance issues and the exhaust sounds awesome! I can also actually feel a difference in power. A lot of people have said that nothing really happens when you de-cat the car...well, they are !!
I'm quite enjoying the better sound...much more throatier and grrrish...but at 70mph on the highway, it's quiet and not annoying like many of the chambered mufflers. Overall, I'm loving it...next will have to be Long Tubes...then I can only imagine how much more pimp it will be.
He also said that True Duals on the car would be incredibly hard to do because of the fitment issues where the pipes would go...basically, he refused to do it because he said it would be too hard. I thought that some of the 02 SS special edition had factory true duals??
Old 01-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, good to see your happy with it!

None of the limited editions came with true duals though. However, they can be done. Plenty of people on the board have them. Just do a search...
Old 01-06-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car sounds alot better now without the cats. Find some pics of a TD setup you like, print them off and take them to a muffler shop with you. That's what I had to do. Only cost me $100 to get it done. I supplied the X-pipe and mufflers. If you want them over the axle it'll be alot more work to get them installed, and alot more $$. If you dump them before the axle, any muffler shop can do it.

Search this Thread