Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Step == Flam Thowers??????

Old 01-07-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Two Step == Flam Thowers??????

ok on spike tv they are showing a kit made to make your car shoot slames out the tail pipes. well the main part is a box that cuts spark on different coils to let raw fuel into exhaust pipe and the uses a spark plug and coil and switch to ignite the gaw in the exhaust.....
so............. a two stepo does the same thing so can I get a spark pulg and a coil and hook it up to a button and rev up to the two step at a red lite and hit my home made button and shoot flames out with out a kit???????????
Old 01-07-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Like the flame part, but not sure I want the spark cut to get it...
Old 01-07-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

well thats what a two step does any way. so all I am talking about adding is a spark at the end of the tail pipe to make use of the un-used gas.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Resident

So Will It Work
Old 01-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Launching!

A two step only cuts out some cyclinders, enough to keep a constant desired rpms. The device on that show sounded like it cut all the plugs at once. The engine sounded like it was shut off when he hit the button. An MSD may work but it's probaby not gonna throw as big a flame. That was a pretty neat setup on that truck though!
Old 01-09-2006, 05:37 AM
TECH Regular

I didn't see the show you guys are talking about, but that's how standard flamethrower kits work. They only work on carburated, non-catted cars, and they cut off all ignition when the button is pressed. The shear momentum of the car and engine spinning keeps the vaccuum sucking fuel from the carb, and then a spark plug in the exhaust lights it off.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

HAHA ok this is going to sound real dumb,,,,,,,,, but could I try this with say a lighter (A long one for lighting a grill or something) and me reving the car hitting the two step and have someone try lighting the exhaust haha sounds like fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!have to have a beer first haha
Old 01-09-2006, 06:27 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your PCM would throw out a big WTFFFFFFF???!!!!11one if you installed a kit like that on any car made after 1973

I saw the show the other day, the kit cuts the fire from ALL the cylinders. The 2-step only cuts fire from a few cylinders at a time. When the unburnt fuel hits the collector, it is simply ignited there and burned off before it ever gets out. The spark plug you would install would simply not have enough fuel to ignite.

Now what I was thinking, is that there are 2 fuses under the hood which controll the 4 coil packs for EACH bank. Wiring a switch into that circuit would cut fire completly for a second while you clicked it off and on, but you would probably get the flashing SES code for multiple missfire.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Two Step == Flam Thowers??????