Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPIS Oval LS6 and Throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do to the fact that my car see's more street time than at the track (not that I don't try ) I will be seriously considering going with the TPiS setup on my car when I make the jump to a 90mm setup. The FAST setup up makes little more peak HP, but the TPiS makes much more under the curve (driving) hp.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Touching up the casting flash and matching the entries/exits of the pieces within the FAST unit would yield additional under the curve performance, along with even more up top. They don't come out of the foundry perfect, that's for sure...I'm sure their 'shootout' was with the intake right out of the box.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
Do to the fact that my car see's more street time than at the track (not that I don't try ) I will be seriously considering going with the TPiS setup on my car when I make the jump to a 90mm setup. The FAST setup up makes little more peak HP, but the TPiS makes much more under the curve (driving) hp.

Just found a dyno graph in car craft mag on the fast intake compared to the stock intake and it makes a pretty good increase in TQ and HP from 2800 RPM all the way up to 6000 RPM..do you have any comparitive info concerning the two intakes (TPIS & FAST ) side by side over the LS1\LS6 stock intakes.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's on here in the Dyno section. If I run across it, I'll post a link.