Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How loud are sweet thunders?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leftme4dead
Right now I have a full LM? I like the sound mine has, I hate to describe it this way, but out of the bullets, st's and spirals, which one would osund closest to my LM, or which onbe would sound closest to what like a mustang sounds like???

Mustangs will envy the Sweet Thunders.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While on the topic...

I'm going to finish my exhaust soon and am running my TSP Dual system w/dumped bullets out the back. However, in part of that piping out the back I want to install some sweet thunders or powersticks or something. It should sound really nice...what do you guys think?

So in short i'll have Pacesetter Longtubes into a 3" X-Pipe, into Bullets then through Sweet Thunders or something out the back through some nice tips...overkill or no? Or will just running it out the back alone tame it down a lot? I wasn't expecting it to, just simply aim the sound out the back instead of downward and into my car, thus the idea for a ST before the tips.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:26 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweets are pretty loud, but that is the way i like it so it is up to you!
Old 02-03-2006, 02:49 AM
TECH Addict

Do you think they will do much at the end of my system?
Old 02-03-2006, 02:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlackHawk T/A
While on the topic...

I'm going to finish my exhaust soon and am running my TSP Dual system w/dumped bullets out the back. However, in part of that piping out the back I want to install some sweet thunders or powersticks or something. It should sound really nice...what do you guys think?

So in short i'll have Pacesetter Longtubes into a 3" X-Pipe, into Bullets then through Sweet Thunders or something out the back through some nice tips...overkill or no? Or will just running it out the back alone tame it down a lot? I wasn't expecting it to, just simply aim the sound out the back instead of downward and into my car, thus the idea for a ST before the tips.
I don't see the point in running 2 mufflers, if its too loud get a more quiet muffler. and its hard to fit 3" the axle.

for all that say its loud inside the car, I just finished putting TSP rumbler with the sweet thunder mufflers dumped. I drive about 40 miles every day with them on, and don't think it is loud at all inside the car.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:26 PM
TECH Addict

The way I see it, the sweet thunder resembles a pipe anyway so it couldn't hurt putting it in there, but i'm not sure if its overkill or not...

I thought that running my system out the back would simply just aim the sound in a different direction and not really quiet it down?
Old 02-03-2006, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

I like the sweet thunders a lot. My system is kind of loud, I set off car alarms next to my car when I start it in a parking lot. It does rattle stuff inside the car, but they are dumped so what do you expect? It is not extremely loud with daily driving, but push the pedal to the floor and watch everyones eyes grow
Old 02-03-2006, 04:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00slpSS
for all that say its loud inside the car, I just finished putting TSP rumbler with the sweet thunder mufflers dumped. I drive about 40 miles every day with them on, and don't think it is loud at all inside the car.
I didn't think it was loud at first either. After a year and one 2300 mile roadtrip, you'll change your mind too. But like I've said, now that they run out the back....I'm in love.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:55 AM
TECH Addict

Bump...

Anyone else have thoughts on my Bullet + ST or Bullet + Powerstick idea?
Old 03-06-2006, 06:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Header and TSP Dual Install Done!! Two problems

This past weekend me and four friends tackled the job of installing Pacesetter LT's with True duals (dynomax bullets), and Prothane Motor and tranny Mounts. The LT were absolutely no problem, they slipped in and bolted up perfectly. The motor mounts however, were a pain in the dick! We didnt have access to a lift so that was probably part of it. The Duals did not take long to hang either but not for my problems...... The Drivers side pipe hangs like an inch lower than the passenger side..... im going to go back through and make sure everything is tucked up nicely and straight, i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and what it turned out to be? the other problem is that the center console rattles like CRAZY! and i was wondering how i would stop that, the part that rattles is the plastic cover that goes over the gear shift.... could i just stuff something all in there and that might help? nothing else rattles in the car, other than that one piece.

on a brighter note... the car sounds phenomenal, and seems like it pulls much, much harder now.... first gear is absolutely useless now, as is most of second, seeing as i will just spin the tires..... i actually broke the tires loose from a 50mph roll last night! that was awesome bc i have never had a car that could do that. LS1's are AWESOME!! Thanks Guys!
Old 03-06-2006, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

Same part rattles in mine too. Running the duals out the back to tips will get rid of it.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Mine rattles like a bastard from 1400 to about 2000 RPM. I guess you just learn to deal with it or get pissed off enough to buck up and send em out the back. I personally love the sound when their dumped but then again the interior drone does suk.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

has anyone put a sweet thunder in the place of the resonator in a loudmouth with lt headers? i'm putting qtp's and ory on soon and thought about trying it. just wondered how good it would sound because lt's+ory+lm is insanley loud and really doesn't sound that good.