Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker Exhaust Good Or Bad

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am going to gutt the cats today, and im going to see how loud the hooker is. If it still isnt loud, I will put a cutout on it. If i put a 2 1/2 cutout on it, it shoudnt be as loud w/out cats. I can weld a 3 inch to 2 1/2 adapter on each side and then i should be able to put the 2 1/2 cutout on. It's possible right?
Old 02-04-2006, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anything is possible,I wouldnt waste the money on a 2 1/2" cutout though.Just get a 3" and fab it to fit.So later on if you upgrade your exhaust you'll already have it.

The catback will be louder with gutted cats.I'm running all hooker from headers to catback with a 3" electric cutout.For what its woth I gained 2 hp with the cutout open.

If the search works for you,do a search on the Hooker set ups.They flow very well and sound best with full ehaust being done.(headers,Y-pipe)
Old 02-04-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Regular

Yea I love my hooker....I think I am going to do a cutout as well as opposed to running true duals
Old 02-04-2006, 11:28 PM
Launching!

I WENT TO GUTT MY CATS TODAY BUT I DIDNT GET TO BECAUSE I FORGOT MY CAR WAS FROM UP NORTH. WHEN I WENT TO TAKE THE BOLTS OFF FROM THE Y-PIPE AND THE CATS, THE BOLT BROKE AND I HAD TO DRILL THE BOLT OUT AND PUT A NEW ONE IN SO I STOP AND SAID **** IT ILL WAIT AND GET HEADERS AND A Y-PIPE. I TOOK MY HOOKER OFF AND DROVE IT WITH THE MUFFLER OFF AND IT SOUNDED WICKED AND NOW I DEFINITELY HAVE TO GET THE CUTOUT BECAUSE IT SOUNDS GOOD. WITH THE CUTOUT IT SHOUD SOUND CLOSE TO WHAT IT SOUNDED LIKE WITH THE MUFFLER OFF WRIGHT. THANKS