Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP duals

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TSP duals

Thinking about getting a set of these. Has anyone gotten a set and then had them ran out the back later? If so is it still possible to go over the axle with them or is under the only way?
Old 03-04-2006, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

i saw that bassani makes a true duals system now. the system is out the back and i think is one pipe over the axel and one under but i'm not sure. it uses he muffler as a kind of x or h pipe.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:28 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the link in my sig

It would be hard to go over the axle with the TSP system because there is a pipe on each side of the TQ arm. The driverside pipe would have to go over the rear end on the driverside, which would be very tricky, and VERY VERY tricky with 3" pipe. I have absolutly no problems with mine going under the axle though.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98charlize
i saw that bassani makes a true duals system now. the system is out the back and i think is one pipe over the axel and one under but i'm not sure. it uses he muffler as a kind of x or h pipe.
both pipes go over the axle. one just circles under the panhard rod. it has a x-pipe at the beginning of the system. pics of the system are on my webpages. click the links in my sig to view.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Blur...it looks like you have a pretty good amount of clearance with those. How do they work for you? I am thinking about getting the tsp duals but wanted to run them out the back as yours are.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

I really don't want to run the risk of the axle smacking my pipes if I go under the axle...nor the hassle of taking them off every time the car needs to be raised.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:29 AM
On The Tree

how do the bassani exhaust sound compared to other systems like flowmasters or borla? And are they worth the money?
Old 03-05-2006, 01:19 AM
Launching!

i love the sound of true duals if i had the cash id get them. As for sound the flowmasher is ok but you will gain so much more power with the bassani. i see that your realitivle ynew here charlize let me be the first of many to tell you that you don't want to put flowmaster systems on your car, the chambers make it sound really nice but they are so restricting and you will sometimes lose power or gain a max 5 horsepower with the bolt on cat back systems. if you are looking for a cheap great sounding system get a loudmouth.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

where did you pick up that bassani TD system from?
Old 03-05-2006, 08:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
Check the link in my sig

It would be hard to go over the axle with the TSP system because there is a pipe on each side of the TQ arm. The driverside pipe would have to go over the rear end on the driverside, which would be very tricky, and VERY VERY tricky with 3" pipe. I have absolutly no problems with mine going under the axle though.
That's the best under the axle I'ver ever seen. I never thought I'd go this route but now I'm thinking differently.

Thanks for posting these pics

Last edited by hugger427; 03-05-2006 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:18 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nokeman
Blur...it looks like you have a pretty good amount of clearance with those. How do they work for you? I am thinking about getting the tsp duals but wanted to run them out the back as yours are.
I love them, and i don't have any problems with them.

Originally Posted by BlackHawk T/A
I really don't want to run the risk of the axle smacking my pipes if I go under the axle...nor the hassle of taking them off every time the car needs to be raised.
As long as your suspension doesn't unload big-time, the rear probably isn't going to hit. If it does, it won't hit very hard. I've hit the railroad tracks on my way to being late to school a few times going FAST, i KNOW the car lifted enough for the swaybar to hit the tails, and i felt no ill effects.

As far as lifting the car, you can still jack it up by the center section on the rear end, then put jackstands under the axle tubes. If you want to jack it up and unload the suspension, you would only have to remove 6 bolts (which couldn't be more out in the open).

Originally Posted by hugger427
That's the best under the axle I'ver ever seen. I never thought I'd go this route but now I'm thinking differently.

Thanks for posting these pics
I'd say go for it. As long as a semi-good shop does the install, you shouldn't have a problem. I printed out a bunch of pictures of DVST8OR's car (almost the same setup) and took them to the place with the car, then told 'em "make it look just like that".

My only complaint is they diddn't get the tips as close to the bumper as i wanted, but i'm going to fix that myself when i get around to it.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love mine...the sound alone is worth it. Just dont lower your ride.

You can go over but you gotta relocate the PHR...I'd go under if I wasnt insane and loved the feums and noise inside my car.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:22 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

TD's sound amazing. Especially cammed!