Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got a Hooker catback put on my LS1, very quiet! What went wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RomanK
I got a bullet muffler before my cut out and the Hooker exhaust, that **** is QUIET
Man I had that too, Hooker LT's Hooker ORY and Hooker Catback and have a cut out in the I-pipe. the cut out was way to loud so I put a Bullet in front of the cutout and now it sounds awsome but the Hooker catback was way to quiet you could barly tell I had a cam (and I have a big one) so off came the Hooker and on went the Magnaflow and I love it!!!!
Old 03-05-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've got the hooker catback on my camaro and yeah, it is pretty tame. My fear was that after LT's, anything else would be obnoxious. It's definitely a step up from a D/D setup, though.

I like it, some might not though. It's not for everyone. If you want to be heard three blocks away, save up for a corsa or just run a cut-out.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I think I'm going to get an electric cut out now and gut the cats.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If the Hooker is too quiet for you just add some headers and an ORY and it sounds great. Deep and not too loud at idle, but screams up top. Best of both worlds.

Quick Reply: Just got a Hooker catback put on my LS1, very quiet! What went wrong?