Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynatech or Hooker?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dynatech or Hooker?

Whiche one of these headers will help me more? The Dynatech 1 3/4 inch headers or the Hooker 1 3/4 inch headers?
Old 05-19-2002, 07:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Dynatech or Hooker?

You can take any of the following 1 3/4" long tube headers and pick them based on price and features that you like. There will be no signifigant power differences.

Hooker, Dynatech, Grottyhan, FLP (made by Dynatech), and TTS.

All of them are very high quality and each have their pros and cons. Some come with y-pipes (both good and bad) and some come with cats/ORP's that can be switched out quickly. The point is, due to packaging constraints with our cars, there isn't alot that can be done differently between the different brands. Some require more floor pan modification than others but give you more ground clearance in return.

In particular, the Hookers and Dynatechs are very similar in all respects but one. The Hookers come in a one piece design only (the collector is welded to the header.) The Dynatech's can be purchased with a standard collector or a merge type collector (the merge collector is very expensive...) which must be bolted or welded on. Personally, I would go with the Hookers due to that fact. They will not leak and they are a breeze to install.

Sorry for the long post. I hope this helps...

Shane

<small>[ May 19, 2002, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: XtraCajunSS ]</small>