Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!air, !egr, and tb bypass?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !air Plates

made my own plates and a drawing to help u guys out.
Used 1/8" stainless steel

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/470573-make-your-own-air-block-plates.html
Old 03-16-2006, 07:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WS6FTW
Someone told me you could pull the fuse for the AIR pump under on the underhood fuse block? Is this true?
yes, it's true
Old 03-17-2006, 08:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you don't remove the codes will it affect it any?
Old 03-17-2006, 10:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by stangnightmare
i notice that the egr sits right in the middle of the tb. is this restricting airflow at all? also, when the egr recycles the exhaust into the intake, what kind of effect is that having in the combustion camber. seems like burning just clean air would be better.
EGR introduces an inert gas which reduces PEAK combustion temps helping in the reduction of NOX emissions. Personally I feel it 'may' be good to keep on highly tuned motors as it stands a chance of reducing detonation.

EGR does not operate at WOT so will not affect HP.

AIR should only run for 20 seconds or so on start up and helps promote the chemical reaction in the CATS. This is done because cars have to pass strickter tests on start up. This does not affect HP either.

TB coolant is IMO not there to prevent freezing as there are many other cars out there with TB's that do not use it. I personally think it exists to promote cruise economy. Hot air is good for fuel efficency, at light throttle the intake air will move realtivly slowly thru the TB allowing it to be heated (although slightly). At WOT the intake air speed will me much increased and I doubt very much that it really affects performance, not to any noticable amount anyhow. And I've never seen any proof to the contrary. I feel this is only worth doing if you are fitting an aftermarket TB which doesn't cater for it.