Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

105mm Throttle Body

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 11:53 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dude, that is one impressive piece of work. You've done some amazing work, and I'm very impressed with your fabrication work.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see front cover of a magazine in the future.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that truly is a work of art
Old 03-20-2006, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

The attention to detail and craftsmanship is just simply amazing!
Old 03-20-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really thank everyone for the kind words. Ive been doing my own design's since I was a kid and to this day I don't really think anything about it. I mean really. I don't post the hundreds of mistakes. But I do keep all of them. I have a wall of shame in the corner of my shop filled with objects of stupidity. I can say I did those too. Anyway.. soon as I get the mold for the airbox finished and the part laid up Ill post that. Thanks again. Ultimate goal is to get this car in a magazine.
Ive seen worse.
RonO
Old 03-20-2006, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Automotive Art! That is some badass functional bling there, dude.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Lasershop
I really thank everyone for the kind words. Ive been doing my own design's since I was a kid and to this day I don't really think anything about it. I mean really. I don't post the hundreds of mistakes. But I do keep all of them. I have a wall of shame in the corner of my shop filled with objects of stupidity. I can say I did those too. Anyway.. soon as I get the mold for the airbox finished and the part laid up Ill post that. Thanks again. Ultimate goal is to get this car in a magazine.
Ive seen worse.
RonO

What CAD program are you using?
Old 03-20-2006, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bostonhatcher
What CAD program are you using?
AutoCAD for the rough geometry and then SurfCAM for the surfaces.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Lasershop
AutoCAD for the rough geometry and then SurfCAM for the surfaces.
I'm a mechanical engineer at University of Missouri and I've taken AutoCAD already and am now into Pro Engineer. It's pretty fun making parts on there and can't wait to design parts for a living.

What are you planning on using that throttle body for and how are you going to set it up?
Old 03-21-2006, 07:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bostonhatcher
I'm a mechanical engineer at University of Missouri and I've taken AutoCAD already and am now into Pro Engineer. It's pretty fun making parts on there and can't wait to design parts for a living.

What are you planning on using that throttle body for and how are you going to set it up?

I assume you are a young man being in collage and all. Most of my customers are Mech engineers. Some are really smart and some are complete idiots. Most are from Stanford. My shop is near there. I dropped out in the tenth grade way back in the early seventies. Learned everything on my own. But I did hang out as a kid with the bikers and hot rodders. Metalflake was it. I grew up close enough to Fremont Drag Strip to ride my bike there. Point is, my roots are old school. And I always will be. Most kids throw the term "old school" around like confetti and don't even know what it means. Even though it is 2006 there is always room for ambition and innovation. The skills you will have will get you a job anywhere. I hope you are able to use them for the things you love to do. Im a freakin hit at Christmas. Everybody wants me to pick their name because it is a given they will get something custom made. I have a lot of interest's besides cars. Custom made guitars. RC cars. Even custom made an urn for my wife's fathers funeral one time.

I could ramble forever. Since I am forcing my dumbass advice on you I will add that you have to be able to shrug off ridicule. Me and ridicule are old friends. This is assuming you have a sense of design along with skill and patience. People cant see what you see and will think you are crazy. Press on always. All the great ones were crazy. Its always worth it by success or failure. Then when you are an old man like me you can have a bunch of bullshit stories too. Let the one of a kind custom parts do the talking.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lasershop, what's the latest? You rock, man.

BTW, I have a Traxxas Jato with an O.S .18 tz(turbo), and I can't hook the tires at all. I switched from 2.2" to 2.8" tall and I still have trouble hooking. Can you make me a set of rear wheels and tires that are tall and wide enough to hook?

Also, I have already geared it the most I can for top end.

Quick Reply: 105mm Throttle Body