Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just installed slp lt and getting a check engine light???????

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2002 | 06:45 PM
On The Tree

Default just installed slp lt and getting a check engine light???????

Yes i just installed some slp longtubes on my 2001 ta. And the y pipe hits the floor pretty bad and when u get above 3 geand it starts cutting out real rad almost like a bad lmiss. And its showing a service engine light all the time now. I stopped it to saee what it felt like wit em on its a real dud. I need help can the problem be fixed and will it go back to normal. O also i installed the off road pipes for it also and it sounds like ****
Old 06-14-2002 | 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: just installed slp lt and getting a check engine light???????

Did you make sure all the plug wires are plugged in. You may think they are, but if you left those metal heat shields (I guess?) on your wire then you may have streched out the springs that are on there. This will make your wire want to pop off the plug, your car misses, and boom SES light. Nope, never seen that happen...twice...three times... ok, it happened 4 times I swear.
Zrevrun
2000z28 M6
Mods: nothin' worth braggin' about
Old 06-15-2002 | 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: just installed slp lt and getting a check engine light???????

Uh.... Lessee....

You are running an ORP w/ yer headers. No programming or O2 sims, right? And you can't figure out why you have an SES...

Hmmm....

First off, yer gonna need some HO2S simulators ("O2 sims") in the aft (of where yer cats were) bungs. Or, you need to have yer PCM programmed to eliminate the message that there are no cats...

Then, reset the PCM. Voila!