Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!! Need part # for a bearing for my A/C tensioner.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 04:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP!! Need part # for a bearing for my A/C tensioner.

Someone posted a # a while back. I need one soon. Mine is getting very noisy. Thanks

Phil
Old 06-20-2002, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: HELP!! Need part # for a bearing for my A/C tensioner.

Go to Checker/Shuck/Kragen and see if they have a replacement one. Not sure if it is the same one you need, but I bought the pulley with bearing for less than $10.
Old 06-20-2002, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Phil, are you sure it's your AC tensioner, sometimes it's hard to tell if it's the AC tensioner or the idler pulley making the noise.
Old 06-20-2002, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DARK AGE 53:
<strong>Phil, are you sure it's your AC tensioner, sometimes it's hard to tell if it's the AC tensioner or the idler pulley making the noise.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm not sure its the idler pulley or not. I'll squirt WD-40 on the lowermost pulley (closest to a/c comp) and it quiets it for a little while. What do I need?
Old 06-20-2002, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you sprayed some WD-40 on the pulley and the noise went away for awhile it sounds like that should be it, the reason I asked about the idler pulley is there's been several guys who have had a problem with them in the past. Good luck.
Old 06-21-2002, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DARK AGE 53:
<strong>If you sprayed some WD-40 on the pulley and the noise went away for awhile it sounds like that should be it, the reason I asked about the idler pulley is there's been several guys who have had a problem with them in the past. Good luck.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There's a TSB on the idler pulley