Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header design info please??

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header design info please??

Can someone relay some help my way please? I've been surfing for weeks now trying to get proper info to size the tubes for my headers. I want a tri-Y style but am building a Nissan. From what I've read here someone should have the info to get me going.
If you don't want my riceburner topic here email help would be just great too. Thanks for any bone you can toss my way. Loren.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgive the obvious question.
Why do you want to design your own header, is it because no one makes one for your application, or is it just for the pride in saying I designed this myself?
IMO if there is a header for your application, you'd be better off (in both money and time spent) to get it, instead of designing your own
If you still want to go thru with it, a little more info would help, such as enginge size, and expected rpm range
Don't know if you've seen this site, but it looks to have some good stuff on it
http://www.headerdesign.com/index.asp
Old 03-28-2006, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There isn't one made for it anymore.
97.6 ci or 1600cc, 5500,6000 rpm, 1.53" intake valves, 1.26" exhaust valves. Hoping to get a good port job done and will be using daul 40mm sidedrafts and as healthy a cam as will run right at the rpm. Will be for an autocross car. Looking for +/- 10-10.5:1 compression. Anything else help for info? Before I was convinced I should go with a tri-Y I figured the primary tubes should be 1&3/8" or 1&1/2", a heavy wall 1&1/2 would be good. Main concern is the secondary tube in the tri-Y and lengths before the Y and after. Length on the standard style ended up being 32-33". Thanks. Loren.