Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header Problems...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Header Problems...

Ok first off I have a 1999 TA Formula And i just Recentally got MAC Midlength HEaders put on the car , and got rid of The EGR & the AIR.. and A MAC ORY installed , with the headers.. I got the Factory I pipe and just a Flowmaster 80 series muffler... but my question is i already got my Car tuned to the HEaders... with a 12.5 air/fuel Ratio is what the guy said he tuned it at ... But my Car is also an Automatic and when i lay into it at WOT It puffs a Huge Cloud of Smoke .. somthing like i have never seen before .. i believe my car is Still Running rich.. I do not Believe that he could of possibally set my Air/fuel to 12/5 and it be smoking that much still .... But i could be wrong . Please HELP me out here ...

Now another question is before i got my headers .. i gutted my cats , which is what i did NOT want to do ... but then again if i did not get all the loose shavings and stuff out of my Cats and then installed them back onto the car , and some of the excess stuff back back through the I Pipe and Into the Flowmaster Muffler could that be Clogging it up and Makeing it shoot a big Black Cloud of Smoke like that ? Im not really sure , PLease Help .. Car also Leaks a little Exhaust Fumes from under the car , thats why i think the Muffler is Cloged , but The Cars Performance Is Still STRONG as Can Be .... Muffler is about 1 1/2 years Old too ...
Old 03-31-2006, 08:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Car also Leaks a little Exhaust Fumes from under the car" Sounds like I would be having a serious talk with who ever did the installing. Also if you gutted the cats, take the time and just eliminate them all together.