Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 10:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pacesetter Problems

Every since I installed my pacesetter's 4 months ago I have been having this annoying sound everytime the motor is under load. It doesn't really do it while accelerating through the gears but if I cruise down the hwy at say 75 then just give it some gas to accelerate it sounds like I can hear air moving through the pipes. I know I am running lean because I pulled the plugs out last week and they where very white. I also have a vacuum leak at the intake. I just switched my paper gaskets over to OEM metal gaskets and it helped with the ticking because the paper gaskets where trashed. I am running ORY and I am wondering if this noise is going to be normal because it no longer has the cats or anything there. But I was thinking it might be because I am running lean that is why the sound is there. What do you guys think. Also some of the paper gasket bonded to the header and when I went to put the OEM gasket on I didn't see it. Now I have another damn leak at the header. Can I just use emory cloth to sand the old paper gasket off from there and clean the flange up. Or do I have to take the whole damned header out and do it.