Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finished the Throttle Body

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lasershop
Take the thickness of the blades and the shaft diameter into consideration. Undecided if this will be mafless or not. In theory the throttle response should be good. After this unit the air is pretty straightened out all the way to the chambers. Top end should be killer. Then again its all BS till it runs.
Ahh, very good point, I forgot to take that into account, i thought maybe you were trying to match it to a particular inlet system or something.

Originally Posted by Lasershop
Ultimate goal besides just enjoying the build is getting the car on a magazine cover. Hope its not all about "who you know" cause Im just some guy and I don't know anybody. I think if we show it around next year it might get some attention.
I don't believe that it is in "most" cases. I've seen some feathers ruffled over "all show and no go" but if the rest of the car is as nice as this and she's got the ballz to go along with the looks, I think you're destined for a cover car. Grats again, I can't wait to see more.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDogofWar
I don't believe that it is in "most" cases. I've seen some feathers ruffled over "all show and no go" but if the rest of the car is as nice as this and she's got the ballz to go along with the looks, I think you're destined for a cover car. Grats again, I can't wait to see more.
I hope you are right and the magazines are not all favoritism political BS.
I spent months on the bottom of the car and the suspension. All new poly bushings and fasteners. A Arms, torque tube, rear end, ect. all polished. Axles and CV joints chromed. Most hardware polished plated or anodized. Made my own dies and hammered out custom heatshields. Couple pics dont do justice at all. Lot more shine than they show.

Tranny is built to the extent of the best parts available. Yank SS3600. Motor will easily yield 7-800. Basically making the top of the chassis match the bottom. Be two years at the end of this summer and I doubt there is one day I have not worked on something. Just finished a custom roll cage. Just got my new 19's and 20's Polished inside and out Z06's w/335/30R20 Michelins. A ways to go yet. Oh, and special thanks to Wheel Works in Fremont for scratching the crap out of my brand new custom wheels when I begged them to please use caution and then they are trying to weasel their way out of any compensation.

Last edited by Lasershop; 04-05-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

First off the car is absolutly amazing!! Its really sad to hear that someone ruined your property, and even worse to hear that they refuse to compensate you for thier screw up. Good luck with all future work!!
Old 04-05-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Looks awesome.
Whats the linkage setup? whats the difference between sides?

Any other pics of the car, or a link to your gallery(s)
Old 04-07-2006, 01:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Come on man, you can't tease us with only a few pictures. That is an amazing car and looks like you spent a lot of time working on it. Do you have any other pictures to go along with those because I need some more pictures to stare at and drool.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:37 AM
That's what she said...

If you do need to "know someone" there's a certain "someone" on these boards who just happens to work for Popular Hotrodding.

You've done some amazing work, keep it up!
Old 04-07-2006, 07:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 96SweetTA
Come on man, you can't tease us with only a few pictures. That is an amazing car and looks like you spent a lot of time working on it. Do you have any other pictures to go along with those because I need some more pictures to stare at and drool.
Oh... I assure you.. this car is still very much apart. In different zip codes. I was grinding on the frame just last night. Cant wait till' the weather gets better so I can start painting. I can only show the parts that are finished.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Simply Amazing. I seriously wish I could make my own stuff like that.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As usual, you're work is simply amazing. Can't wait to see the rest of the car.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 566 Likes on 449 Posts

Considering his last post was back in April, I wonder what it looks like now?
Old 12-24-2006, 09:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1Formulation
Considering his last post was back in April, I wonder what it looks like now?

Took a little time off............. Yo.. everyone. Hope all of your holiday is good. I moved my shop up to Jamestown, CA. Bought a house in Sonora. It was a huge and laborous move. Wife and I did it all ourselves with my Super Duty and car trailer. Was really busy with all that for awhile. Business has been really good. Kept all of my Silicon Valley accounts. Didnt really know how this would all turn out. Really beautitiful up here in gold country. Have deer on the poperty every day. Chop wood. Amazing year round waterfall just off the deck. New shop is much newer and bigger than the old one. Have room for the Vette in there now. Can work on everything all in one place. Getting back on it. Ill keep you posted...........

P.S. My new garage at home (just under the livingroom) has its own fireplace and 200 amps of power. Just shy of a 3 car. What do you think about that! Froze my *** off in my old tiny garage.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Been some time since the pics worked, had some PM's about them. Been busy and in a work, work, work trance for like 5 years. Getting back to the Vette. I apologize for letting it sit for so long. I’m better now....

Quick Reply: Finished the Throttle Body