Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 sensors Q...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 09:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default O2 sensors Q...

Hi All,

Are the O2 sensors from a 2003 Corvette LS-1 "wide bands" or just heated narrow bands? They have 4 wires...

TIA!

Russ
Old 04-03-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AFAIK they are heated narrow bands
Old 04-03-2006, 10:47 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think any LS1cars came with a wide band sensor.

I notice you are from Port Neches! I'm in Nederland. What do ya drive?

Edit - just read some of your threads and read that you're doing a swap! If you ever need some help or something, I'm not that far away. Do you by chance know Kevin Carl? He lives behind the Pt. Neches Dairy Queen and has a few hotrods (well potential hotrods) in his shop. My car has been up on his lift before and he's even helped me out with machining some parts as he has a nice little machine shop in the back.

Last edited by TheBlurLS1; 04-03-2006 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
I don't think any LS1cars came with a wide band sensor.

I notice you are from Port Neches! I'm in Nederland. What do ya drive?

Edit - just read some of your threads and read that you're doing a swap! If you ever need some help or something, I'm not that far away. Do you by chance know Kevin Carl? He lives behind the Pt. Neches Dairy Queen and has a few hotrods (well potential hotrods) in his shop. My car has been up on his lift before and he's even helped me out with machining some parts as he has a nice little machine shop in the back.
My driver is a '98 Dakota R/T, my "hotrod" is a '96 S-10 with a Buick GN drivetrain (12.00's @ 115 on 93 octane). I'm currently building a '47 Ford coupe with LS-1 power (from a complete basket case). I don't know Kevin, but he seems like someone to know! You ever make the mid-county "Office Depot" show on the 1st Saturday? I go whenever I'm not working...

Russ
Old 04-04-2006, 11:31 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S10xGN
My driver is a '98 Dakota R/T, my "hotrod" is a '96 S-10 with a Buick GN drivetrain (12.00's @ 115 on 93 octane). I'm currently building a '47 Ford coupe with LS-1 power (from a complete basket case). I don't know Kevin, but he seems like someone to know! You ever make the mid-county "Office Depot" show on the 1st Saturday? I go whenever I'm not working...

Russ
I always mean to roll by there, but i forget EVERY DAMN TIME!

What time is it usually? I'm going to mark my calendar!

I've been meaning to go to the one in orange too, is it the 2nd or 3rd saturday? I can't seem to remember. Now that daylight savings just kicked in, you might actually be able to see something out there after 6pm...
Old 04-05-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
I always mean to roll by there, but i forget EVERY DAMN TIME!

What time is it usually? I'm going to mark my calendar!

I've been meaning to go to the one in orange too, is it the 2nd or 3rd saturday? I can't seem to remember. Now that daylight savings just kicked in, you might actually be able to see something out there after 6pm...
Orange is the 3rd Saturday. Both are 6pm+ since going to daylight savings time...