Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetters or Edelbrock headers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 07:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
Kinda curious what do you prefer on the Edlebrocks over the Pacesetters. Or conversly what did you not like about the Pacesetters?
Better yet...wheres the quality in he pacesetters? There are none. Try installing a set of emission Edlebrocks and Emission Pacesettters.. Pacesetters belong in Mexico where they are built.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1936FordPU
Better yet...wheres the quality in he pacesetters? There are none. Try installing a set of emission Edlebrocks and Emission Pacesettters.. Pacesetters belong in Mexico where they are built.
How about actually making sense and posting some helpful info instead of biased veiws.

Pacesetter headers generally get great wrightups so what exactly do you not like about them.

As for the Edlebroacks, yes they look nice but I've heard they hang lower than some of the other LT's (don't know of the truth in this). But the biggest gripe is they are not offered with a catted Y pipe so for many they will not be an option.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HossZ28
Check out Jegs. Pretty good if you ask me.
could u pm the link so i can check out the price, must be pretty good if it got deleted...
Old 04-06-2006, 09:17 AM
12 Second Club

pm sent
Old 04-06-2006, 12:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

general opinion on this board is if you are looking for budget headers, Pacesetters are the way to go. They are still cheaper than the Edelbrocks if you get the fully welded collectors, which come in at around $440 with the pacesetters available coated for $389.

Both are going to be good headers. The only problem I forsee with the edelbrocks is that if you want to put a different y-pipe or a true dual exhaust kit, the part that goes on the collector is going to be 3" not 3.5"
Old 04-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Launching!

Jet Hot! Make Sure To Check Those Out Too!
Old 04-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Teching In

do these both have the same ground clearance?
Old 04-06-2006, 08:16 PM
11 Second Club

how hard is it to cut the edelbrocks y-pipe weld in 2 cats.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bad6as
how hard is it to cut the edelbrocks y-pipe weld in 2 cats.
I doubt it would be that hard to do provided you had the correct equipment, ground clreance may be slight worse than with a Y pipe designed for cats as they aren't always flat but angled. The biggest thing it cost, if I was going to buy cats on their own I'd get the best ones I could combine this with the price of getting them fitted and the Edlebrocks will sadly become way too expensive for my tastes. It's a shame because they do look really nice and personally if the offered a catted Y I would get them over the Pacesetters. But as it is they end up in the middle, an to me that's the worst of both worlds, if you're gonna go cheap buy the Pacesetters (this is for Catted Y pipe only choices, ORY guys have more choice), else if you want better get the QTP's.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:01 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by B_Thompson
The flange on the Pacesetter were poorly weldes and the y-pipe didn't fit correctly...and I called Edelbrock Monday about my headers b/c they are rusting too and the warranty manager told me that the first set Ti-Tech that they produced weren't done correctly and will send me a new set. He told me that on the first set that they didn't use the right adhesive for the coating.

I am in the same boat. I had the slip-ons with the faulty coating. My fully welded ones should be here Monday. They honored the warranty and are really great to deal with. Jason really stands by his products.

This is not a sales pitch, but if you guys need a set, let me know. We are a dealer for Edelbrock.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1936FordPU

You crack me up man! You have no clue and aren't making ANY sense lol! Please do some research before posting this misleading crap!
Old 04-07-2006, 04:43 PM

the Edelbrock headers and y pipe DO NOT hang low i go over speed bumps all the time and i can cruise over them now unlike the SLP ones i had to crawl over speed bumps
Old 04-07-2006, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 4thGenCamaro
I am in the same boat. I had the slip-ons with the faulty coating. My fully welded ones should be here Monday. They honored the warranty and are really great to deal with. Jason really stands by his products.

This is not a sales pitch, but if you guys need a set, let me know. We are a dealer for Edelbrock.
ive been trying...........
Old 04-07-2006, 09:12 PM
12 Second Club

I was looking on ebay for some ls1 headers and found these. What was weird was how similiar they looked to the edelbrocks. I tried to post some pics but it didnt work. Just check out the SBC headers on the search for ls1 headers. they start at 299. Looks like the best deal to me. I will post a new thread of the headers if i get them about the quality, ease of install, and all the other crap.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Addict

I was looking on ebay for some ls1 headers and found these. What was weird was how similiar they looked to the edelbrocks. I tried to post some pics but it didnt work. Just check out the SBC headers on the search for ls1 headers. they start at 299. Looks like the best deal to me. I will post a new thread of the headers if i get them about the quality, ease of install, and all the other crap.

SBC headers won't work on an LS1.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:26 PM
12 Second Club

It says that it is for a 98+ camaro. It better work because I am bidding on the right now.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

It says that it is for a 98+ camaro. It better work because I am bidding on the right now.

Hmmmm, is that a brand? I thought it was short for "short block chevy?"
Old 04-07-2006, 09:48 PM
TECH Regular

they are obviously knock-offs made in another country. notice how they are even called super competition like the hookers. however, the seller has great feedback concerning these headers and the rest of the knock off stuff he is selling. I emailed one of the previous buyers and he said they were just like hookers. 339 shipped for stainless is too good to overlook just because they are not a well known brand name. How hard could it be to copy an already proven header? Definitely keep us updated!
Old 04-07-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slowscott
they are obviously knock-offs made in another country. notice how they are even called super competition like the hookers. however, the seller has great feedback concerning these headers and the rest of the knock off stuff he is selling. I emailed one of the previous buyers and he said they were just like hookers. 339 shipped for stainless is too good to overlook just because they are not a well known brand name. How hard could it be to copy an already proven header? Definitely keep us updated!

$339 for a stainless header!! Something doesn't sound right!
Old 04-07-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
$339 for a stainless header!! Something doesn't sound right!
i know, but again how hard is it to copy a proven design? Someone is probably being paid 5 cents a day to make these in Africa thus the low price. How much does quality suffer over real hookers? we won't know for sure until someone on the board tries them, but the feedback on ebay is all positive. Basically, I'm in college so anything cheap catches my attention.

Quick Reply: Pacesetters or Edelbrock headers?